Associate Director, Environmental Health and Safety(Job Number: 1204025)
- The Associate Director (AD), Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for improving, maintaining and monitoring health and safety standards and practices of the company.
- The AD shall develop, plan and implement policies, procedures, and practices which are in compliance with the appropriate federal, state and local laws as they apply to environmental practices, hazardous materials management and the safety of work areas.
- In addition, the AD shall participate in or take initiative in mitigating risks by identifying various risk exposures that may be threat to the company's operations. The AD shall play a leadership role in organizing and educating various safety related committees.
- Chemical and Biological Certification. BA or BS Degree or applicable equivalent experience in industrial safety. Industrial Hygiene and WISHA experience preferred.
- Ten or more years experience in environmental health and safety management in a biotechnology or other life science industry.
- Extensive experience with Occupational Health and Safety Administration regulations and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups whose memberships are composed of multi-disciplined backgrounds.
- Risk Management background preferred.
- Works with the supervisor and other management members in developing, implementing and monitoring long-term risk management plans, policies and procedures in order to identify and mitigate safety threats to employees and the organization.
- Works with licensed hazardous and radioactive disposal third party contractor(s) to ascertain proper disposal of various waste.
- Maintains the accident prevention program and modify as deemed needed.
- Focuses on protection against fires, accidents, occupational health hazards and damage to company property.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant on all matters of safety to management, lab supervisors and other departments.
- Takes effective steps to ensure workplace conditions comply with applicable federal, state and local occupational health and safety provisions.
- Ensures labs are in compliance with occupational health and safety requirements and state or local laws and ordinances.
- Conducts and coordinates supervisor safety program; advises and assists supervisors in employee training program.
- Maintains medical/toxicology information and awareness regarding all supplies and products to provide all employees with information and will not jeopardize the health or well being of employees or clients.
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards, as required, reports on injuries, accidents and spills. Works with the other departments and the Safety Committee in developing and implementing the Emergency Response Plan.
- Develops and monitors the departmental budget.
- Works with the Supervisor to establish, implement and monitor risk management programs, such as the Disaster Recovery Plan, Business Continuity Plan or Enterprising Risk Management Plan.
- Supervises Health and Safety Specialists and Security Coordinator.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
Primary Location: NA-US-WA-Seattle
: R&D - Other
- 2 years ago - save job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help...