Job Description Summary
The Development Division is responsible for implementing all of the formal fundraising activities that have been established as priorities by Babson College and the Associate Director is responsible for developing and managing the College’s Special Gifts Program specifically focused on Athletics & Recreation. Specifically responsible for direct revenue generation; building a strong, experienced, and informed volunteer base to ensure Babson’s continued success; and working with the Director, The Fund for Babson and the Director, Athletics & Recreation to design, implement, and manage a program of activities to generate philanthropic gift support for the college’s athletics and recreation programs.
- Directly responsible for revenue generation and for fundraising goals of the College’s current-use athletics and recreation initiatives.
- Identifies and solicits gifts of $25,000 to $250,000 and is responsible for the closure of these gifts, both personally and with staff/volunteer participation, in coordination with the Director, Athletics & Recreation and the Director, the Fund for Babson.
- Manages 200 prospects including alumni, parents, and friends of the College and is responsible for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of these prospects. This includes: completing 12-15 personal visits per month; preparing prospect proposals and briefings; coordinating proper visit follow-up as needed (thank you, execute “next steps,” and complete contact report/actions); designing individual solicitation strategies; and donor tracking.
- Develops proposals requiring written and verbal articulation of current funding initiatives including annual, athletics, and recreation projects to prospective donors.
- Responsible for building relationships and coordinating efforts of both internal (coaches and administration) and external (alumni, parent, and friend) volunteers to facilitate support of The Fund for Babson – Athletics and Recreation Projects at the College.
- Develops local and regional (as assigned) constituent group fundraising programs and provides stewardship.
- Works with the Athletics & Recreation Department, Development Office, and Office of College Marketing to coordinate all direct appeal and event fundraising activities.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in related field
- Ability to develop knowledge of Babson programs (including graduate, undergraduate programs), policies, personnel, traditions, philosophy and objectives, and can discuss and explain any aspect of the College to prospective donors
- Excellent computer and technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Local and regional travel as necessary
- Requires valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License, with an insurable driving history as determined by Babson’s insurance carrier
- Requires occasional nights/weekends
Babson College in Wellesley, Mass., is recognized internationally as a leader in entrepreneurial management education. Babson grants BS...