Associate Director, Human Resources Procurement-SER000402
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director, Human Resource Benefits Procurement manages and leads the global strategic sourcing primarily of employee health benefits, group benefits management, health care services, and retirement plan management services. The position is within the Indirect Procurement, Corporate Services Procurement organization and would interact frequently with Human Resources and Shared Business Services, Human Resources. The Associate Director will take an active role in the development of global procurement strategy, category management, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management, and supplier value management. The position will develop and maintain strong relationships with key leaders within the Human Resources and Shared Business Service leads.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership - As the category leader, the position is responsible to develop then implement sourcing strategy and ensure alignment, compliance and delivery of required business performance.
- Direct the strategic sourcing process and act as the central point of contact to improve supplier performance on Indirect Services for human resource related services
- Develop and implement the strategy, objectives, processes, policies and procedures as it relates to the Human Resource Service strategies
- Direct the strategic sourcing process and act as the central point of contact to improve supplier performance
- Define Indirect category Procurement strategy to support establishment of supply sources, maximize current and future market conditions and define contingency planning to ensure supply needs are met
- Interface directly with Finance to document real savings that can be communicated throughout the organization.
- Drive compliance in indirect spend activity in the indirect areas globally
- Develop and maintain supplier performance metrics and manage the feedback process.
- Oversees key supplier relationships and optimizes supplier capabilities to address business requirements
- Builds relationships with key human resource business partners to successfully drive and influence strategies
- Guides team in supplier selection process using a 5 Step Sourcing Management Process and provides data analysis to ensure informed selection decisions
- Evaluate commodity outsource opportunities to drive leverage in indirect spend categories
- Ensures effective collaboration with key senior stakeholders
- Establish end-to-end process with ownership and commitment to procurement strategies throughout planning and execution
- Evaluation of performance metrics for priority / critical categories
- Provide external marketplace knowledge of the latest category dynamics, trends and best practices
- Identify, prioritize and drive implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
- Utilization of consistent methodologies to pursue deliverables that are aligned with strategic objectives and policies
- Conduct sourcing projects/RFx's (Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quotation (RFQ), and Requests for Information (RFI)) with the potential for global, cluster, and local territory impact. Support RFx's and contracts drafting, negotiations, and renegotiations of agreements with selected suppliers.
Procurement Leadership - Provide the leadership, strategy and policy for the function by building a high performance engagement model with the business stakeholder in multiple geographic regions.
Process - Realize sourcing management, supplier value management, risk management, supplier diversity and SAP as core sustainable processes and enablers of delivery.
Performance - Drive competitive sourcing events (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs) and support vendor selection, commercial negotiation, and market awareness.
Relationships - Build outstanding relationships with stakeholders that are oriented to satisfy business needs.
Change Management - Adopt high quality change practices with stakeholders and building and implementing an organization which is sustainable. Be a personal exemplar of the Merck Leadership Standards.
Global - Ensure that the approach adopted is aligned with and supports Merck global procurement strategy and Global Category Management and Ways of Working.
Procurement - Serves as a leader and exemplar of Sourcing Management and Global Category Management as a member of the Corporate Services Procurement Group.
Diversity - Actively support diversity, both within Merck as well as expanding relationships and spend with Diverse Suppliers.
Supplier Value Management - Implements Supplier Value Management with the key suppliers in this category to foster innovation, manages, supplier performance, establish a Governance Model, and ensure continuous improvement
- MBA and/or professional procurement qualifications.
- Experience in human resources shared services environment or general shared services.
- Experience in human resource health and group benefit supply relationships in multiple geographies.
- Experience in human resource functional business process knowledge.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organizing/time management and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal & influential skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to translate strategic vision in to tactical plans and manage the change required to execute.
- Ability to influence and lead in driving change in the organization.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- Minimum of five (5) years procurement experience.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Services Procurement
Job Title : Associate Director
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point, NA-US-NJ-Summit
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Merck & Co. - 22 months ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...