Associate Director, Institutional Sales (RIA Channel)
John Hancock Mutual Funds (JHF), a division of Manulife Financial, is a premier provider of asset management and investment strategies. John Hancock has been helping individuals and institutions build and protect wealth for 150 years. At a time when trust and confidence are at a great premium, we are proud to offer a full range of investment strategies that carry one of America's strongest and most recognized corporate brands.
The Associate Director, Institutional Sales is responsible for internal sales and support of mutual fund products and separately managed accounts that are sold through all professional buyer channels, including institutional, RIA, and DCIO channels.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual intermediaries, investment gatekeepers, research analysts, consultants, and DC/DB plan advisors.
- Support Managing Director counterpart with information about territory sales and specific product proposal requests.
- Actively prospect for new business opportunities.
- Provide superior service, contacting business executives with updates pertaining to the mutual funds and SMAs they represent, cross sell existing relationships and assist with asset allocation
Experience and qualifications
- Help investment executives increase their business by updating them on current marketing materials and investment information.
- Share successful sales strategies
- Maintain active knowledge of capital market trends.
About John Hancock:
- College Degree Preferred (BA/BS)
- 3-5 years of industry experience
- 2+ years working in a sales capacity
- Required or preferred licenses: Series 6, 7, 63 & 65 licenses
- Track for obtaining CIMA, CFA, and/or advanced degree a plus
- Communication skills (i.e., Strong verbal and written skills, ability to present to complex products.)
- Mutual Fund and SMA Product Knowledge
- Time and territory management
- Product/Market Knowledge
At John Hancock you will find a wealth of opportunity both professionally and personally. Whether you take advantage of our continuous training and development offerings or participate in community events, you will have the opportunity to grow. We offer careers from Investments to IT, Finance to Marketing, Sales to Legal, and Actuarial to Human Resources, to name a few.
John Hancock is a subsidiary of Manulife Financial, a leading Canadian-based financial services group serving millions of customers in 22 countries and territories worldwide. The Company offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Each product and service employees its own team to support the sales, marketing, customer service, analysis, and senior management responsibilities.
For more information about our benefits and organization please visit
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
JH Mutual Fund
John Hancock - 17 months ago
From our humble beginnings in 1862 as a four person company formed in a single room, the name John Hancock, one of our nation's forefathers...