Job ID: 14285
Location: Warren Township, NJ - 33
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Product Marketing - 2231
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
BS/BA required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred; 8-10+ years market research experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
The Associate Director, Market Research will provide day-to-day management of all design, planning and execution of market research projects in a specific therapeutic area including future in-line, expanded indications and pipeline development products. The Associate Director will manage and provide guidance to Market Research Managers and/or Senior Analysts in completing this work.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages day-to-day workflow, prioritization of projects, and all aspects of primary and secondary market research project initiation, design, implementation and completion for designated therapeutic area. Provides final analysis and strategic recommendations to Director and others within Market Research/Business Analytics, Marketing, Sales, and other cross functional business partners.
- Develops strategic market research plan for assigned product and therapeutic area. Develop annual market research plan to efficiently budget for these areas and utilize innovative, cost-efficient methodologies.
- Works with Product Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Project Leaders, Clinical Development, and other internal business partners to determine information and analysis needs; develops research strategy for obtaining needed information; and manages workflow to implement and complete market research projects within budget.
- Provides analysis of data and evaluates the success of strategies, tactics, product themes and positioning. Takes lead role in analyzing, interpreting, and presenting study results to Sales and Marketing.
- Works with Market Research, Marketing, Project Teams, Sales, Clinical Development, Business Development, and other Celgene departments to design parameters and provide input for both tactical and strategic decision-making. Serve as the internal expert on market dynamics and assume ownership for a specific franchise or therapeutic area.
- Works with Forecasting and Sales Operations to develop strategic marketing forecasts for the specific therapeutic area of ownership and to complete scenario analyses at direction of Director, Global Market Research.
- Strategic and tactical input at all levels of brand management.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to align on research objectives, analyze the research to get to the ‘so what’, and provide actionable recommendations to internal customers in refining and developing business strategy.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- BS/BA required; biological science degree helpful but not required
- MBA or advanced degree highly preferred
- 8-10+ years market research experience with a minimum of 5-7+ years of this experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Personnel management experience required
- Immunology market knowledge and experience highly preferred
- Ex-U.S. market research experience a plus
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Strong presentation and written communication skills required
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative, professional and consumer market research required including advanced analytical methodologies such as choice modeling, segmentation, etc.
- Experience with secondary data sources including physician-level, audit-level, patient-level, claims data required.
- U.S. and/or global launch experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop others for optimal performance, identify areas in need of development in others and structures work towards development opportunities.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee’s temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.
Celgene - 20 months ago
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.