Associate Director, Market Research
THE COMPANY Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop innovative medicines that improve patient outcomes. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates that address central nervous system (CNS) disorders such as addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center and US headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and manufacturing facilities in Athlone, Ireland, Wilmington, Ohio and Gainesville, Georgia. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com.
The Associate Director, Market Research, will be responsible for recommending and executing primary and secondary research to provide actionable information and insights regarding our current promoted product, VIVITROL® (naltrexone for extended-release injectable suspension), and future promoted products. This role will work closely with all of the commercial functions (Marketing, Market Access, Pharmaceutical Operations, Sales, Sales Operations) and other functions (Medical, Regulatory, Legal) to increase our understanding of treatment provider, patient and payer perceptions of promoted products and identify /define growth opportunities.
Education and Experience
- Work with commercial stakeholders to identify knowledge gaps that can be addressed via primary and secondary research.
- Design and execute market research projects, including defining a question(s), developing a market research approach, managing vendors, analyzing the data, and communicating results to a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the market research budget for promoted products.
- Utilize secondary research methods and data sources to provide market analyses, competitive intelligence and responses to ad hoc requests.
- Integrate data sources from a wide variety of studies, analyze data and communicate results / insights.
- Maintain knowledge of therapeutic areas, related commercial products and potential markets to ensure accurate data interpretation.
Knowledge / Skills Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or quantitative disciplines such as mathematics or statistics. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years in pharmaceutical industry and at least 5 years in market research.
- Experience with specialty injectables preferred.
Personal Attributes Needed
- Strong understanding of market research techniques.
- Strong analytical, organization and planning skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the established ability to effectively communicate study results to diverse audiences.
- Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical marketing. Understanding of pharmaceutical market access preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical sales / marketing databases and secondary data sources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of relational databases and proficiency with Access preferred.
EEO Statement: Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
- Ability to proactively work with commercial stakeholders and take the lead in managing market research projects.
- Ability to coordinate and influence the efforts of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to make recommendations to the commercial organization and support those recommendations.
- Ability to see the big picture from random information and present complex and disparate data in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to address complex business questions.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Alkermes, Inc. - 14 months ago