At UCB, we strive to be the patient centric biopharmaceutical leader. We are small enough for each member of our team to feel that their contribution counts and large enough to ensure that our combined efforts have an impact where it really matters. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change.
We have an immediate need for an
Associate Director, Market Research
at our facility in
Smyrna (Atlanta), GA
. The A.D., Market Research leads a team that provides the full range of market research services in support of a business unit and its brands. The Associate Director is a strategic advisor to the business they support, with an expertise in marketing research and analytical techniques. The incumbent works with Brand teams to understand business strategies, issues and needs, and develops market research strategies to deliver insights and recommendations to support strategic and tactical decision-making. Critical responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop annual market research plans based on business strategies, recommend annual budgets, and manage expenses within approved budgets.
- Develop action plans and service level agreements with internal customers, mobilize resources in order to meet business needs and balance workload.
- Assist the commercial organization in assessing and setting priorities by analyzing consequences of choices, creating business cases to support the strategy and establishing the metrics to measure the impact.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of one to three staff (Analysts, Senior Analysts, Managers, and Senior Managers).
- Serve as an internal expert on market dynamics for assigned therapeutic areas across multiple brands.
- Anticipate future changes in the market and identify competitive threats and opportunities.
- Oversee and deliver US market assessments as directed by the Director, Market Research within assigned therapeutic areas in support of pipeline product development, in-line product management, and business development initiatives.
- Provide objective analysis on current and future market values and expected changes in the competitive landscape.
- Seek out, assess, and recommend innovative market research methodologies, information sources, and vendors.
- Maintain and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and issues, especially with regards to capabilities, tools, and techniques that are relevant to functional / technical responsibilities.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate cross-functional data and service contracts to assure that purchased resources are being used to maximize sales and brand team strategic value.
- Develop and maintain processes and communication with global colleagues, which promotes and facilitates the exchange of business and marketing intelligence.
UCB, headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, is a global biopharma company with a team of over 8500 talented employees, a strong market presence in more than 40 countries, € 3.2 billion in revenue (2011) and numerous strategic partnerships across the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Market Research, Business Intelligence, or related in pharmaceutical company.
- Previous management experience with oversight of direct reports is preferred
- Experience with a broad range of primary and secondary research methods (qualitative, quantitative, primary and secondary, etc.) is required
- Experience working closely with other functional teams is preferred.
- MS Office - Advanced Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills. Proficiency with Business Objects is a strong plus. Proficiency with statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA etc) is a differentiator.
- Knowledge of key pharmaceutical industry data sources (e.g. IMS)
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills essential.
- Overnight travel, including internationally, required up to 25%
UCB is an equal opportunity employer - we value and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Commercial General Management
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 20 % of the Time