Responsible for the medical writing of abstracts, posters, manuscripts from Jazz sponsored clinical trials.
Assist Executive Director of Medical Information and Communication in the development of a comprehensive publication plan and its implementation.
Work with external authors, speakers on oral presentations, posters, abstracts, slide sets and publications.
Identify and screen appropriate publication agencies, solicit, evaluate and make recommendation to management.
Manage day to day interactions with publication agencies.
Manage all financial and contractual aspects of assigned projects, including vendor relationships.
Coordinate internal and external reviews and integrate reviewers’ comments.
Ensure that all developed materials are reviewed and appropriately signed off according to Jazz SOPs and maintain archive of approved materials.
Conduct literature searches and interpret scientific literature.
Prepare, analyze, interpret, and summarize data.
Evaluate study data from tables and listings.
Assist in the review of medical content for accuracy and positioning on key regulatory documents, publications and slide presentations.
Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders internally (product teams, clinical teams…) and externally (eg, opinion leaders, patient advocacy groups, professional societies).
Provide scientific input into the development of commercial strategies and key scientific messages.
Support the development and execution of medical education strategies (i.e CME and congress activities).
Support development of scientific communications plan and oversee flawless execution of tactics both internally and externally.
The Associate Director for Medical Communication reports into the Executive Director of Medical Information and Communication.
Job Requirements :
Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, or MD preferred); with a minimum of 5 years experience in pharmaceutical communications or at a medical education agency.
- 3-5 years experience in medical writing required.
- Must have extensive experience in publication planning and the ability align key messages with clinical studies and publications.
- Experience with clinical trials, GCP requirements, and reviewing clinical trial data.
- Knowledge of AMA writing guidelines
- Strong Knowledge of current good publication practices and guidelines (GPP2, ICMJE).
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Word, and Excel, as well as internet databases such as PubMed.
- Familiar with output from statistical analysis programs (e.g., SAS, JMP).
- Experience in preparing posters, developing content for scientific and educational programs, and working closely with KOL's.
- Can provide strategic insight into KOL development activities, publication planning plus developing medical education materials and programs.
- Proficient level of understanding in drug development process, pharmaceutical business, including R&D processes and objectives.
- Experience in managing budgets across several projects.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Travel will vary, plan on 10-15%.
Jazz Pharmacueticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.