The Associate Medical Director is responsible for support in developing and execution of strategic medical plans for Payers for all marketed products as well as products in development across the portfolio of Biogen Idec products and therapies. Within this position, the Associate Director will guide the phase 4 and comparative effectiveness and outcome research (CEOR) strategy and implementation, provide key input into data analysis and MMR publication plan, and assist with integration of initiatives from a medical market access perspective into the larger global and franchise plan. This position will also have involvement with key Managed Market decision makers and Payer Opinion Leaders through exchange of scientific and medical ideas including Advisory Boards and presentations at national meetings.
The Associate Medical Director will have significant responsibility for medical input and guidance in US commercial, MMR, and GMAx activities including input into strategic planning for Payer Engagement, represent the U.S. as a member of the Market Access Network, provide guidance and expertise in HEOR and LCM studies, review MMR promotional materials, as well as provide input into the MMR publication strategy.
This position will interact with the Medical Directors Office and Medical Research - Life Cycle Management (LCM) team to discuss and initiate further programs to advance the understanding of MS, hemophilia, ALS and the current therapies to treat these diseases.
Travel (approximately 20-30%) is required.
Roles/Responsibilities: Lead medical market access strategy for currently approved therapies including phase 4 and CEOR strategy, data analysis plans, and publication strategy.
Present and clearly explain data in many environments including publications, Payer presentations, and internal training sessions.
Provide medical guidance on MMR projects including strategy, material review, and training.
Working with the MOSLs and field Medical Affairs teams, develop and manage a Payer Opinion Leader network to support the successful execution of Medical Affairs tactics with US payers and HTAs.
Facilitate communications between Biogen Idec and the Study Investigators, and oversee the publication of the CEOR results both at scientific meetings and in peer reviewed journals.
These responsibilities will require him/her to interact with other departments including MMR, Channel Marketing, Brand teams, GMAx, Medical Communication, R&D, clinical, legal and regulatory.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or similar healthcare practice experience with a managed market/outcomes focus.
Experience in the field of hematology preferred.
- Knowledgeable in managed care, regulatory, commercial and clinical/scientific issues affecting the pharmaceutical and managed market industry.
- Demonstrated strength in understanding and effectively communicating scientific and medical information as it relates to managed markets customers.
- Continually expand and build clinical knowledge/skills through leveraging internal/external resources.
- Excellent communication and formal presentation skills, organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated business acumen, relationship building and cross functional teamwork skills.
MD, PharmD, PhD, MPH
Biogen Idec - 16 months ago
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...