Save the Children
The Associate Director, New Business Development, Asia, will provide quality control and support to International Programs' efforts to achieve greater program impact through the successful pursuit of larger and more strategic funding opportunities. The Associate Director provides technical assistance, support and training to field and HQ staff. The primary focus is on large-scale fundraising opportunities from USAID and other public institutional sources.
- Assist country office in proposal development; provide quality control, review strategies and action plans for technical and cost proposals, edit proposal sections, budgets, graphics, work plans, and oversee final proposal production for submission to donors.
- Develop and maintain systems, procedures, policies and materials to support the identification, selection and response to strategic opportunities.
- Represent SC US as needed in meetings with donors and partners.
- Strengthen staff capacity: Deliver trainings, provide tools which include proposal guides and manuals, and interact with International Program staff on proposal teams.
- BA required; MA in related field preferred
- 6-8 years' experience in international development, including at least 5 years' experience with program/proposal development for large-scale multi-million dollar international development programs funded by USAID and other public institutional donors.
- Detailed knowledge of USAID's procurement procedures; knowledge of USG grant and or contract regulations.
- Strong writing and communication skills, able to lead teams.
- Prior work experience in Asia preferred.
- Strong prior training and capacity building experience; proven experience with creating modules.
- Overseas experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel 25-30%
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
Save the Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Save the Children - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Save the Children helps poor and malnourished children in about 15 US states and about 120 countries, focusing on such areas as health and...