The Associate Director of Pharmaceutical Strategic Planning is a key member of the Impax/Global team determining the company’s pipeline and portfolio. He/she will play a key role in product identification, analysis, selection, and commercialization. The Associate Director, will work with Senior Management to ensure that Global’s product pipeline is competitive and consistent with Global’s corporate objectives. This individual will provide strategic input on market dynamics and how best to serve pharmaceutical wholesalers, chain drug stores, and other customers. This individual will provide input on market considerations of managed care and payors competitive products, clinical considerations (e.g. adverse events), supply chain, and commercial risks. The Associate Director will regularly interact with Senior Management and department heads. Responsibilities: Product Selection
- Participates in pre-NPC meeting to screen products and make decisions on which products to recommend to New Product Committee (NPC).
- Participates in NPC meeting whose members include the CEO, President of Global, SVP of Product Development, and other senior-level managers.
- Provides input on sales channels, competitive environment, potential opportunities, clinical risks, competing products, and unique properties of certain products to ensure informed and knowledgeable decision making.
- Conducts primary and secondary research to evaluate and recommend new dosage forms (e.g., transdermal, radiopharmaceuticals, etc.)
- Interacts regularly with members of the sales and marketing, regulatory, legal, and R&D teams.
- Participates in Portfolio Review Committee (PRC), whose members include the CEO, President of Global, SVP of Product Development, and other senior-level managers.
- Assists in the monitoring of internal progress and external events to assess products’ continued strategic value and makes recommendations to PRC accordingly.
- Works with team to provide high level assessments of product portfolio to insure that corporate targets can be met.
- Routinely analyzes sales data from IMS and monitors/researches information from secondary sources including: pharmaceutical publications, medical journals, FDA websites, company press releases, earnings calls, equity research reports, SEC filings, and other available material. Identifies and communicates relevant external developments and changes to ensure portfolio optimization (e.g., new brand approved, impact of line extension, etc.)
- Regularly reviews product pipeline and portfolio to ensure internal and external development efforts are focused on the highest value projects in order to optimize Global’s pipeline and portfolio.
- Works closely with VP of Business Development and Strategic Portfolio Management to support BD initiatives consistent with Global’s corporate objectives.
- Provides integral support for BD activities by analyzing products, therapeutic categories, clinical considerations, distribution channels, etc.
- Works with team to develop assumptions and models for product partnerships and/or M&A, including input on sales potential of target brands and generics, clinical profile, supply chain, commercial risks, etc.
- Participates in meetings with potential partners and assists in conducting due diligence.
- Assists in evaluation of key business terms for contract negotiation/review process.
- Works with team to prepare sales and volume projections for new launches and commercialized products, critical to the company’s financial planning and supply chain management.
- Minimum 5 years pharmaceutical experience, preferably with a focus on generic products.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Life Sciences or a related discipline
- Pharmacy Degree.
- Functional knowledge of the clinical aspects of the pharmaceutical industry, pharmaceutical supply chain, dispensing requirements, and distribution channels, etc.
- Knowledge across therapeutic categories of each product’s mechanism of action, dosing regimen, adverse event profile, indications, and alternative products.
- Knowledge of wholesalers, drug store chains, managed care, and/or payors, and their respective behaviors that impact dispensing and the market.
- Advanced analytical skills, must have demonstrable expertise in developing financial, forecasting and pricing models
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Project management skills.
- Advanced Excel and Access are required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
IMPAX Laboratories - 2 years ago