Associate Director, Portfolio Project Management
North America-United States-North Carolina-Wilmington
Plans, coordinates, monitors, and implements complex IT projects to meet the organizational goals. Oversees and provides supervision and guidance to staff. Maintains efficiency of important aspects of all the project management process such as planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the PMO.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years of related project management experience in systems development, application development and implementation or the equivalent experience
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities
PPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Highly skilled in the key principles of cross functional project management (ex: Time, Quality, Cost).
- Excellent financial acumen
- Proven track record of excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels
- Critical thinker with solid judgment and strong initiative
- Proficiency in leadership/influence and collaboration across multiple and diverse groups
- Strong experience with managing projects through all aspects of a project life cycle
- Strong leadership and teamwork abilities
- Ability to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and project team members workload
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills
- Seasoned in managing geographically distributed teams
- PMP Certification
- Experience in Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, or other QMS frameworks
Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. - 16 months ago