Jazz Pharmaceuticals is seeking an Associate Director with chemistry background to join our Product Development team. The person will design and implement analytical methods in support of API and drug product both internally and at contract laboratories, and may oversee CMC activities at contract facilities. The position offers a flexible candidate the opportunity to also apply analytical and organic chemistry problem-solving skills to chemical development, formulation and late-stage product development. |
- Familiarity or direct experience with analytical method development, pre-formulation, formulation, structural analysis, stability evaluations, compound synthesis/possible scale-up
- Strong chemistry background
- Perform activities internally and/or manage contract work
- Experience in pharmaceutical product development, regulatory requirements
- Organize and maintain a safe, efficient laboratory environment; keep a record of all experiments carried out in a manner consistent with Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ policy and quality.
- Ability to present data in both written and verbal format
- Support other Product/Process Development and Manufacturing areas to ensure a smooth transfer of technologies and products to contract sites.
- Keep up with new developments in analytical methodologies and make recommendations for implementation of new methods/equipment.
Job Requirements :
- 10 years relevant experience, preferably with exposure to pharmaceutical development, analytical development, and chemical development.
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience) in Chemistry or related field, preferably in a pharmaceutical/biotech industry, required.
- Exposure to multiple dosage forms and drug delivery technologies a plus.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills including the use of designed experiments and simulation.
- 30 to 40% travel required.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals - 22 months ago