Associate Director, Project Management
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services
, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions.
Standard & Poor’s is seeking a Project Management Associate Director to be responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, control and closure of PMO projects working closely to coordinate activities of Business Stakeholders, Product Owners, Data Strategy & Ops, and Cross-functional IT teams.
This position is critical to transparent reporting of schedule, cost, scope, and business value status reporting to Executive Management. This role will manage or mentor PMO project managers.
- Actively manage projects and report status utilizing standard tools including project milestones, project plans, project-based cost accounting, and reports
- Identify and manage/mitigate project risk and issues
- Manage the project Change Control process
- Initiate projects to include creation of project proposals, detailed estimates and RRT funding memos Demonstrated ability to work closely with IT process (Agile), BPM process (DMAIC) and BA leadership (BALC)
- Manages staff
- Lead improvement efforts to increase efficiencies in PMO tools and/or processes
- Utilize PMO tools, processes and methodologies, such as SharePoint (PINE), HP PPM
- Produce supporting artifacts (e.g. communications plan, RACI matrix, BAU transition plan)
- Support SOW and Invoice processing
- Insure Business Process Management is integrated with projects when applicable
- Stay abreast of developments in PM tools workspace; attend conferences and other training to ensure a broad and timely knowledge of PM concepts, methodologies and tools on an ongoing basis
- Develop expertise in business unit needs and outcomes; develop partnerships beyond the project team to include stakeholders across the business unit.
- Share and leverage project expertise with other PMO staff; act as mentor to junior staff
- Accountable for partnering with the Business Champion, Business Analyst, Business Process Leader, and IT Service Delivery Manager to deliver on stated business benefits and outcomes
- Oversee and coach PM consultants working for the PMO
- Act as ambassador and advocate for the PMO when interacting with business partners and other staff across the organization
- BA / BS degree in a related area such as finance, economics, information technology, or business; MBA preferred
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Requires 10+ years of professional experience in project management, ideally within a financial institution or management/IT consulting environment
- Requires 3+ years in a leadership roles
- Demonstrated financial acumen as it relates to understanding, tracking and reporting of project costs
- Strong familiarity with technical concepts and tools, such as: software architecture platforms, database tools, web and internet applications and mainframe applications
- Understanding of vendor management
- Understanding of establishing support agreements (SLAs) with enterprise service partners
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects that meet the business objectives within scope and schedule
- Creative, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented to execute projects
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and arrive at mitigation strategies for project risks
- Strong, demonstrated interest in project management processes and tools
- Demonstrated skills in tailoring presentations/communications to varied audiences (i.e. business vs. technical and working group vs. executive management)
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and/or build consensus with partners/support organizations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, leadership, and time management skills
- Ability to work with team members and stakeholders at all levels, technical and non-technical, in a positive and team-affirming manner
- Attentive to detail and quality oriented; ability to execute in a timely and accurate manner
- Must be able to work in global, multi-cultural environment
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....