Associate Director, Ratings Recovery
Recovery is rapidly emerging as a major area of focus in both cash and synthetic debt markets. Standard & Poor's is seeking an Associate Director (Recovery Specialist) to capture this market extending beyond our current focus on secured loans and bonds.
The Associate Director will be responsible for assisting corporate sector teams in refining and extending methodology for estimating post default recovery on bonds, loans and other corporate debt instruments; preparing research studies on recovery issues and performance across all corporate and high focus sectors and credit comments on issues in recovery; providing resources to keep corporate analysts familiar with current and emerging issues on recovery; developing recovery estimates and analysis for individual high profile credits in priority sectors. The Associate Director will work closely with Structured Finance Structured Credit derivative groups and work closely with Risk Solutions LossStats and modeling efforts to develop most effective use of both data and modeling approaches.
- MBA or CFA preferred
- 5+ years work experience in corporate finance with a focus on credit analysis, preferably on speculating good credit.
- Has published research
- Must have a thorough understanding of leveraged credit analysis, strong experience in written post default principal recovery analysis on secured and unsecured debt.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Possession of a CFA or advanced progress on a CFA is preferred.
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
About the Company
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
Do you have the conviction to assess world markets with clear eyes and speak up about what you see?
Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services
is always looking for professionals who can contribute a distinct point of view. We have an unwavering dedication to cogent, coherent analysis of the ever-changing global markets. Our tools, research, and benchmarks deliver essential information to the marketplace every day. Bring your insight to Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.
Standard & Poor's, a subsidiary of McGraw Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions. A global leader in credit ratings and credit risk analysis, S&P provides objective and independent opinions on credit risk. S&P's public ratings are disseminated broadly and free of charge to recipients all over the world on our website.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....