The Associate Director of Sales, Pizzeria & Distributors provides strategic and tactical leadership in the development of sales strategies and go-to-market plans for the Pizzeria & Distributor Business Development Team . This position has leadership and development responsibility within the Pizzeria and Distributor Business Development Team. This role is accountable for achieving sales volume and profit margin goals with existing and new customers and will help lead and define the path to enable Leprino Foods to become a market driven company. This Associate Director works cross-functionally to implement sales and marketing strategies developed to increase sales of the company’s products to broadline foodservice distribution customers, and regional and national pizza chains . This Associate Director will fully utilize sales abilities, leadership talents, analytical expertise, communication skills, and team building capabilities to drive success and create mutually profitable partnerships between Leprino and the company’s customers.
- Direct the Pizzeria & Distributors team to achieve sales targets and market share objectives.
- Lead the development of internal and external strategic business plans and communicate findings to executive team regarding opportunities for growth.
- Create go-to-market models to increase sales and develop new product categories for existing customers and identify and drive sales with new customers.
- Monitor all external factors and forces that may affect the achievement of area sales objectives including market trends and recommend a course of action.
- Identify opportunities for gaining significant and sustained competitive advantage through collaborative work with customers.
- Drive deep understanding of key competitors to enhance business plans, new items, and innovations.
- Improve processes, procedures, and efficiencies related to customer business and service by working cross-functionally with other business units.
- Assist in the development of “external focus” capabilities within sales, marketing, and other functions.
- Ensure career development of direct reports through effective implementation of the company’s staffing, training, and performance management tools.
Percent of Travel Required? Heavy (50%-75%) Relocation Eligible? Yes
- Strong business acumen possessing exceptional sales ability with a minimum of 5 years of proven success building large scale customer partnerships.
- Exceptional negotiation, account management, account penetration, strategic selling, and leading edge sales skills.
- Top-performer having a passion for winning in a tough selling environment.
- Ability to position and sell concepts to transform attitudes about commodity categories.
- Strong leadership skills and a visionary change-agent with the ability to create and champion new business ideas.
- Problem solver with natural intellectual curiosity and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen ability to leverage communication to persuade.
- Disciplined priority-setter with a strong bias to action.
- Four-year undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
Leprino Foods - 18 months ago
A titan of cheese, Leprino Foods is a worldwide leader in mozzarella-making. The company sells its soft cream-colored cheese to food...