G2 USA is looking for an ambitious, hands-on SEO Specialist to join our team. We’re looking for a self-starter who is excited about SEO and who wants to be on the leading edge of developing technology and social media. Our ideal candidate would also have paid search experience – SEM. This SEO role is perfect for someone who wants to own and cultivate an SEO Practice at G2. This person will therefore need to manage from strategic through to implementation and fulfillment of the SEO tactics. To start this is largely a ‘one person show’ so being able to communicate to internal stakeholders as well as clients the SEO vision and then go and ‘roll up the sleeves’ and deliver results is needed.
This SEO Specialist will have a strong understanding of web technologies, a passion for search engine optimization, and social media. He or she will demonstrate good intuition with consumer search behavior and have the desire to expand his or her knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking factors to improve the user’s experience. He/she must have mastered best practices in on-page and off-page optimizations.
This role is going to sit in our media department and so an openness to learning other paid digital media like display, mobile, video, etc. is a major plus.? ?
SEM – A Major Plus, but not a requirement:
- Conduct ongoing SEO assessments and implement SEO best practices with a focus on “quick wins” as well as long term strategies
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Optimize Conversion and funnel pages to ensure heightened search engine preference without sacrificing user experience
- Develop high converting landing page concepts and manage versioned landing pages development and activation for local markets
- Ensure articles and content will be shown for specified search terms
- Collaborate with writers to develop keyword-targeted content
- Copy editing and reviewing written SEO articles
- Maximize off-page presence through social distribution, partner development, and authority focus
- Collaborate with Webmaster to ensure SEO-friendly site architecture
- On-page SEO optimization (title tag, description, H1, H2, keyword density, internal links, page size, XHTML compliance, W3C compliance, etc.)
- Reporting on traffic, rankings, conversions and link building
- Stay on top of current search engine news, trends, SEO practices, and emerging items of interest
- Create requirements and documentation that clearly state the core functionality and goals of the product
- Recommendations on content creation and strategic approach
- Competitor site analysis
- Oversee SEM budgets or SEM spend summaries
- Track and analyze campaign data to achieve client goals
- Proactively seek out new opportunities and make recommendations to grow SEM campaigns through new ad groups, ad copy testing, landing page optimizations, and keyword expansion
- Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing and the competitive landscape
- Present the results to internal stakeholders as well as clients
To apply online, please click the following link:
- Minimum 2+ years of natural search experience either agency or client side. Active, hands-on optimization experience is required and we will ask you to submit a portfolio of sites you have optimized.
- Strong SEO results reporting experience
- Paid search management experience is a major consideration but you will need the core understanding of how SEO and SEM play nice together
- Web Analytical skills including ability to monitor traffic, understand click through and select relative data for analyzing future SEO action
- Knowledgeable about natural/organic search engine optimization tactics and how web metrics are tracked
- Experience with ComScore Search Planner is a plus
- Good understanding of source code (HTML, CSS)
- Social media strategic awareness is a must
- Fluency in all basic office programs (PPT, XLS, DOC) is required and we are a Mac shop so KEY and other platforms are beneficial
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and determine strategies based on data
- You must be able to write clearly and quickly, present your ideas in an organized and coherent manner and be willing to stand up to the challenges of client marketing teams, IT groups, brand managers, corporate communications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and resources in a deadline-driven environment
G2 USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and great training programs.
With the high volume of replies we receive, it is not possible for us to personally respond to all prospective candidates. Please be assured that your resume will be reviewed and you will be contacted if there is an interest in your background and experience.