Adweek's Global Media Agency of the Year | OMMA's Mobile Agency of the Year | Ad Age's 2013 Top 10 Standout Agencies
Formed in 1990, PHD is a media and communications agency with over 60 offices and 2000 staff globally. PHD is a media business that has been built on a culture of thought leadership, creativity and innovation. At our core is a strong belief that great media ideas matter. In our hearts is a commitment to lead the industry with thought provoking opinion and pioneering thinking.
The PHD network, a division of Omnicom Media Group, was created in the US in 2002 by bringing together best-in-class media specialist companies built on a foundation of strategic, brand-based media services. A top 10 media buyer in the US representing nearly $4 billion in media billings, PHD serves over 60 clients out of five offices with over 400 employees.
The Associate Director, Social Media will be responsible for leading the development and execution of social media strategies and campaigns on behalf of his or her assigned clients. The Associate Director will work directly with the client and planning teams to execute and measure all aspects of social media programs, including paid social, reporting, buzz listening, and community management. The role also includes overseeing a team of social media account managers and coordinators who are responsible for day-to-day program execution and will be the overall client lead resource.
- Demonstrate full understanding of Client's businesses as basis for all future work.
- Develop and communicate social media communications frameworks, strategies and integration opportunities.
- Develop and manage road map regarding social media strategic direction and resource needs.
- Participate in communications planning strategy sessions, ensuring social media plays a relevant role.
- Review media plans and engage in early collaboration on connecting media plan ideas and strategies with social media strategy, opportunities and innovation.
- Help define and maintain measurement framework for social media.
- Provide regular and consistent engagement with clients around all aspects of social programming.
- Collaborate closely with the media planning and search marketing / SEO teams to leverage digital advertising and organic/paid promotional activities where appropriate.
- Seek, investigate and actively pursue innovative communications opportunities
- Serve as key day-to-day client counselor on social media strategy with the client and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Work closely with analytics teams to establish reporting goals, methodologies and deliverables.
- Support delivery management and client engagement in drafting proposals, budgets and timelines for client projects.
- Exhibit strong understanding of market and digital capabilities.
- Assist in business development activities such as contributing to RFP responses and proposals.
- Check for accuracy, timeliness and quality of all group outputs.
- Assume ultimate media financial accountability with Accounting and Account Management.
- Construct and present social media landscapes and POVs.
- Attend and participate in Client / Agency meetings.
- Oversee the daily tasks of supervisors, planners and moderators and help prioritize their workload.
- Train planners in all aspects of social media planning and buying and day-to-day operations.
- Work with junior staff to ensure daily, weekly and monthly goals are being met and exceeded.
- Attend media presentations internally and outside the Agency.
- Meet with and develop/maintain relationships with media suppliers.
- Keep abreast of industry trends through trade journals, workshops and current events.
- 7 - 10 years working for a client or agency in a marketing communications or media related role, including 3+ years working in the online marketing / social media environment.
- Strong digital communications and content development background.
- Strong expertise with social media measurement tools and content management platforms; timely knowledge of trends and hot topics.
- Experience in running paid social campaigns and knowledge of API partners.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of both the social media and marketing environments.
- Demonstrated experience creating strategies that generate business results.
- Previous experience managing digital teams and programs or campaigns on sizable pieces of business.
- Previous experience developing, managing and implementing online marketing, social media and word-of-mouth campaigns (including blogger/influencer programs); experience with online promotions, sweepstakes/contests and partnerships a plus.
- Experience integrating social media programming and communications across multiple platforms and channels.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, especially in writing presentations and reports, and ability to counsel clients' on online marketing issues and content strategies.
- Knowledge and experience with online issues/reputation management programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships, influence change and drive integration.
Omnicom Media Group - 19 months ago
While it might not be omnipotent, Omnicom Group can create advertising that is omnipresent. The company ranks as the world's #1...