The Associate Director, Corporate Communications is accountable for creating a corporate external communication plan for the Deerfield Campus that is aligned with CMSO, CCO and TPC. As part of the role, the Associate Director is responsible for developing a product PR strategy for Takeda’s U.S. products and working with CCO on management of global brands with a U.S. presence. This includes creating and executing corresponding communication plans and materials for TPUSA product launches.
- Develops and executes the external story for Takeda US commercial presence that complements the overall global CCO external communications strategy.
- Provide specific US insight to global CCO external communications team to support international media opportunities that require US expertise.
- Accountable for the creation and execution of a public relations strategy to promote and defend the external reputation of Takeda’s U.S. commercial activities. Plan should complement global CCO and TPC corporate strategies and business objectives.
- Develop and manage the external communications plan for Takeda’s Deerfield Campus specific to HR and Government and External Affairs activities. External plan requires coordinating and collaborating with CCO and CMSO organizations on campus so external plan is representative of all companies supported by the campus.
- Serve as primary media spokesperson for TPUSA by building relationships with media, identifying opportunities to proactively promote Takeda within the media, and defend corporate reputation. Requires consultation and guidance with colleagues throughout the organization to ensure messaging accurately portrays Takeda before communicating externally.
- Serve as communications coach and counsel to high profile executive team members in order to adequately prepare them for media activities regarding key business objectives.
- Accountable for building awareness and promoting key products and defending them over the course of their lifecycles.
- Develop communication strategy and create and execute corresponding communication plans and materials for TPUSA product launches.
- Partner with Director, Global Marketing Product Communications on global product launches with a U.S. presence.
- Collaborate with research and development CC colleagues to create appropriate strategy for product and compound communications on key milestones.
- Collaborate with TPC and CCO organization on Investor Relations (IR) activities. Including, working with TPC on a quarterly basis to produce IR communications used by global leadership and IR teams.
- Create external/internal communications plan for ongoing business development activities with impact on TPUSA on an as-needed basis including coordination with TPC and CCO.
- Responsible for global corporate branding implementation within Deerfield Campus. As appropriate, develop new content in support of global branding.
- Select and manage multiple agency partners to support external and product communications work.
- Oversee public relations budget for multiple products.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Majors in Journalism, Communications or public policy/public affairs preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience required at a corporation or consultancy with expertise in corporate, product, executive or international communications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a team important.
- Strategic planning and results oriented execution needed.
- Ability to negotiate and form consensus among various parties important.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals - 14 months ago