The Associate Director, Consumer Market Research will provide holistic insight-driven consultation to all levels of internal stakeholders via portfolio-level and key brand primary marketing research. This role is responsible for developing and executing consumer marketing research plans and strategies for key brands within the Behavioral Health and GI Business Units. This includes executing primary and secondary research to clarify issues and reduce risk in decision making for marketed products in the US and international markets (although primarily in the US markets).
He/she will conduct market research by identifying, designing, conducting and implementing research for communicating actionable recommendations and implications. He/she will oversee the delivery of objective, independent, and value driven insights gained from marketing research. It is expected, that while the responsibility may be focused on Consumer, that the Associate Director identifies key areas of integration with the physician-focused activities, and keenly understands how the role of the patient drives business results.
- Insight driven consultation to internal stakeholders
- Prepare and review reports and presentations for internal audiences for all levels
- Identify potential marketing research suppliers based on insight into specific issues
- Manage market research plan and budget
Education & Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a BS/BA Required; a MBA is plus
• Must have at least 7 years of business experience in the Consumer Goods and Services industry (preferred) and/or Pharmaceutical industry with substantial experience in marketing research.
• Additional industry experience in new product development, innovation, communications and marketing considered a plus.
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
Shire is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Shire plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire focuses its...