The Associate Director, Marketing (AD) is responsible for leading, managing, overseeing and executing on all HCP and Consumer activities including but not limited to the development of the brand (Epilepsy treatment) positioning and commercial strategy, concept and core message development and evolution, identification, oversight and assessment of the impact of key tactics to achieve sales objectives and accountability for managing the brand's direct promotional budget. The AD works with marketing leadership to assure the brand strategies and tactics will achieve the desired business results of market growth / share, revenues and profitability. In addition, the AD will ensure all strategies and tactics operate within full compliance of Acorda regulatory and legal policies. PLEASE REPLY TO JOB CODE 9512 WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
The Associate Director role is broken out into four key ‘role' areas: Drive Performance, Business Planning, Tactical Execution and Resource Optimization. A description of the responsibilities is included under each of the roles. Please note that the Core Competencies and Key Behaviors for the Director position are provided under a separate attachment.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned::
DRIVE PERFORMANCE: The AD develops and sustains a performance-driven and competitive mindset in order to drive business results.
BUSINESS PLANNING: The AD actively leads and participates in planning and strategy meetings with internal client teams for HCP and Consumer projects.
- Effectively executes all brand strategies to consistently meet or exceed the brand's business goals (i.e., revenue targets, market growth/ share and profitability)
TACTICAL EXECUTION: The AD ensures the brand strategies are well thought out to be successfully executed through the field sales, managed markets organizations and consumer marketplace.
- Develops, executes and analyzes the brand strategic plan – short and long-term (i.e., 3 years out) including positioning, message development, market opportunity assessment and tactical execution of programs directed to key stakeholders
- Provides critical input towards the development and analysis of forecasts in conjunction with the Director, Strategic Product Development
- Leads brainstorming sessions with internal clients and creative team to ensure business objectives, strategies, and concerns have been raised
- Monitors HCP and Consumer marketplace trends and determines requirements for existing and future activities, programs and products and delivers regular activity reports and recommendations as required
- Analyzes market research results, current market conditions and competitor information
- Integrates marketing efforts with marketing and sales operations to build a complete view of customer and marketplace conditions with respect to online activities
RESOURCE OPTIMIZATION: The AD ensures that the HCP and Consumer marketing resources have been appropriately identified and are efficiently being utilized to achieve the desired results.
- Manages risk associated with all marketing programs and materials by working effectively within the Acorda Review Committee process
- Assists in monitoring and analyzing latest trends in the market, competition and product performance; communicates insights and recommendations to team members as appropriate
- Coordinates activities with internal and external partners/vendors to support and ensure the effective implementation of marketing plans/tactics
- Establishes clear and focused creative briefs, tactical development plans, execution plans and ROI reports
- Leads the development and execution of HCP and Consumer promotional collateral including digital (Internet) initiatives and all non-personal promotional tactics in conjunction with the Senior Director- Corporate Digital Strategy and Innovation
Education and/or Experience::
- Develops and manages the overall marketing budget and delivers on all marketing activity within agreed to budget
- Identifies plans and allocates resources with respect to staffing and / or outsourcing to ensure coverage for all marketing initiatives in conjunction with Senior Management
- Ensures the measurement (including monthly financial review) of program success with a consistent focus on ROI
- Efficiently manages agencies of record in collaboration with other members of the marketing team
A Bachelor's degree in Marketing Management / Business or biological sciences required. Master's degree in Marketing Management / Business or biological sciences preferred. A minimum of 5-7 years of brand management experience in Specialty Biotech / Pharma (neurology / Epilepsy experience preferred). HCP and Launch experience required and consumer marketing experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: :
- Strong in-depth knowledge of Professional Healthcare Marketing, preferably in Specialty Biotech / Pharma, including DTC, digital and CRM
- Strong, practical understanding in market research, forecasting and market analytics
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: :
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Other Skills and Abilities::
Location: Corporate Office:
- Excellent verbal / presentation and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, team building, influencing and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to fiscal management
- Excellent time management skills with a sense of urgency and a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Ability to effectively manage vendor relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial-type environment
This position requires the ability to work on-site 5 days per week in the Corporate Office in Ardsley, New York.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Associate Director-Marketing is required to travel; the average travel for this position is
20-30% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives. Travel (including overnight stays) is for Regional, National and International meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Acorda Therapeutics - 14 months ago