This position has primary responsibility to contribute to enriching Takeda’s pipelines by evaluating and capturing innovative technologies and biologies to create transformational medicines and therapies. This person will establish and maintain direct relationships with innovators and entrepreneurs and seek innovations predominantly from academia, biotech start-ups, and early stage venture-backed biopharmas.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Monitor academic and industry innovation activities in conjunction with Scientific Intelligence team through literature/databases/contacts/competitive intelligence for potential Takeda’s innovative opportunities.
- Assist to identify, develop rationales for and champion themes for NFS involvement.
- Make innovative technological connections by rapidly assimilate information from literature, scientific meetings (internal and external), scientists and engineers, scientific technical concepts, theories and experimental data.
- Identify, and follow through on capturing external innovative science in the areas of emerging biology and technology in a cross-functional and global collaboration setting (both NFS identified themes as well as opportunistic innovations).
- Contribute to building diverse global KOL, innovator and entrepreneur networks by directly contacting and engaging these experts, especially in emerging areas of emerging innovation.
- Act as a liaison between portfolio projects and relevant Takeda stakeholders
- For Scientific Candidate: PhD, MD/PhD, DVM, DDS or DPharm required
- For Medical Candidate: MD or MD/PhD or equivalent (DO) required
Experience and Knowledge
- 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry or graduate or post graduate experience. Or a combination of 5 years in industry and academic experience with 3 or more years of post graduate academic experience in laboratory or clinical research or clinical practice or 3 or more years in biotech/pharma with experience in one or more of: small molecule or biologics drug discovery, clinical trials, regulatory affairs, technology transfer, business development, or corporate venture investment.
- Basic science or medical research experience from doctoral or postdoctoral studies or through employment in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries in any of the following areas: cardiovascular, neurobiology, or CNS disease
- In-depth knowledge of one or more basic science areas, including, but not limited to: molecular or clinical biology or chemical biology.
- Established track record of relevant technical publications or patents, is highly desirable.
- Preference given to candidates with academic experience at the Associate Professor or higher level, or to candidates that have industry experience in innovation scouting and alliance management.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to understand emerging business opportunities and incorporate into strategic business plan.
- Ability to analyze competitive intelligence and a wide variety of scientific data including financial figures, and scientific and market research data to make good business decisions.
- Ability to nurture relationships, develop and analyze development plans, nurture advancement of programs over extended periods of time, develop strategies to exploit technologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster open and thoughtful exchanges of information and ideas, and successfully influence internal and external stakeholders. Must be able to articulate science and business concepts, especially to non-scientific people.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 20 – 50 % travel.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals - 14 months ago