This individual is responsible for building and leading scientific operations of the preclinical, humanized mouse product line. This product line includes immune deficient animals with a reconstituted immune system, patient-derived xenograft tumor bearing animals and prospectively other human tissues. The individual should have advanced scientific expertise in immunology and oncology and working knowledge of experimental approaches used in those fields, including FACS analysis and biochemical analysis of tissues and body fluids. The responsibilities include developing and implementing those new protocols and products, as well as interactions with Business Development and Marketing groups to provide scientific expertise in communications with clients and for creating marketing materials. The individual will be supervising a group of operational scientist and technicians either as direct reports or in a matrix environment. Interactions with outside collaborators are expected.
Detailed Description · This individual is ultimately responsible for development and implementation of procedures to ensure quality and reproducibility of humanized products (mice with reconstituted immune system, patient-derived xenograft tumor bearing animals and prospectively other human tissues)
Job Requirements Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or technical/managerial experience at an equivalent level. Experience in the management of professionals within multiple functional areas and senior-level decision making. Experience in developing , interpreting or changing organizational policies or procedures. 10+ years of relevant experience and/or training.
- Work with operational personnel to establish the infrastructure for humanization of mice, set up and validate tests (FACS analysis, tumor monitoring procedures) required for product release
- Together with operational personnel troubleshoot any issues related to test integrity and/or product quality
- Perform quality control of the generated data and authorize product release to customers
- Be responsible for releasing scientific specifications (reports) of product to clients
- Be responsible for documentation related to product testing and test validation
- Participate in communications with clients when required to provide scientific expertise to Business Development colleagues, support commercialization of products
- Lead the communication with scientists from collaborators to implement new protocols and procedures in the area of humanization of mice
- Take lead role in interacting with senior management on all business issues
- Interpret strategic plans and use independent thought and judgment to create guidelines for new projects within specific scientific guidelines
- Understand the structure of the organization to enable intra-departmental interactions (with different operational groups, business development and sales groups, marketing and legal groups)
We are Taconic, a life sciences company supporting research to find life-saving cures for disease. Major drug companies, leading universities and government agencies depend on us for high quality products and services that are essential to the drug discovery process.
If you are motivated by new opportunities and seek a stimulating and rewarding career, we invite you to join our diverse team of talented professionals who are dedicated to finding smart solutions to improve human health.
We offer opportunities for career advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including major medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition assistance, 401(k) profit sharing plans, and more!
Taconic – Your Career for the Future