AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countires.
Primary Job Function:
Provides project management support for a Global Medical Affairs team within the Therapeutic Area function to assist it to meet its objectives within established timelines and budgets.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Drive coordination all activities related to Advisory Boards, Symposia, conference booths and other medical meetings. This may include contract requests, competitive bidding process, bid defense meetings and vendor communication for the team. Ensure activities maximize value and support GMA activities on time and in budget and in compliance with the Outsourcing, Purchasing and compliance process parameters.
- Responsible for timely communication of issues to teams that could impact project timelines. Work closely with TA/FA's, Legal, OEC, Suppliers to resolve contract issues.
- Analyze financial information from supplier budgets to ensure pricing is consistent with services required.
- Perform budgetary reconciliation against service provider contracts.
- Works with manager and other relevant groups regarding areas of improvement, enhancements.
- Demonstrate expertise in the assigned TA/FA in order to anticipate needs and proactively address their execution ahead of timelines.
- Assess project issues and develop solutions to ensure overall project productivity, quality, and timelines are met within budget, involving other functional areas where appropriate.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Compilation, submission and maintenance of key TA documents such as Med Affairs Plan, Annual Compliance Plan, team headcount and org chart
- Heavy reliance on partnering with the various components within Global Medical Affairs team (International, Publications, Clinical Science Managers), Clinical Development, Development Operations, QA, OEC and Regulatory Affairs, for input and resource support is a priority for this function.
- Manage TA Sharepoint teamsite, generated presentations, minutes, attendees etc.
- Coordination of the LRP process and current financial year activities focusing on collection of information and maintaining adherence to budget/headcount
BS: Engineering, Science, Business, or Financial Degree.
Minimum Experience Training Required
10 years of experience in Pharma with a PhD, 12+ years with a MS, 13+ years experience with a BS. Emphasis on the business (contracting, outsourcing, finance) and technical (chemistry, biology, clinical) aspects preferred. Demonstrated management experience. PMP or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
AbbVie - 14 months ago