The Clinical Development Services division of Quintiles has more depth of therapeutic expertise and a broader range of services than any other service provider. We conduct both US and Global trials in all therapeutic areas. In fact, Quintiles conducts more clinical trials than anyone else in the world. Become involved in work that improves the quality of life for people around the globe. Let your career soar! We are seeking an enthusiastic Associate Director, Project Management to join the team!
Direct, supervise and manage complex, multi-regional, full service project(s) or multi-project programs to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within budget. Ensure that all project work is completed in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Manage the scope of work, objectives, timelines, quality of deliverables, and all other project management activities for the project(s) or program.
- Serve as primary project contact with Sponsor to ensure appropriate communication channels are maintained and reporting schedules adhered to.
- Develop project plans for all phases of the project lifecycle, as outlined on the Project Operations Database.
- Finalize project budget and scope of work, including management of project budget(s) to meet financial and company goals (realization targets); proactively ensure adherence to change control processes
- Supervise maintenance of project management information and tracking systems.
- Direct project activities for team members regarding their project-oriented tasks to ensure that project milestones are met.
- Evaluate probability and their impact of risks, develop and implement quality and risk management plans for minimizing impact on project objectives and deliverables.
- Continually review and ensure adequate resources are available to meet project deliverables and milestones.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement processes for assigned projects.
- Participate in proposal development and sales/proposal presentations; evaluate feasibility of potential programs and impact on company operations and goals.
- Provide technical expertise and project management experience to project management and training efforts.
- Serve as a project management liaison with other groups within Quintiles.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Good team leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
M INIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 10 years clinical research experience including 6 years project management experience and experience in a key CRO/Pharmaceutical operational function, e.g., data management, clinical operations, laboratory, pre-cinical; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
Quintiles Transnational - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...