109284BR Job Family Quality Assurance Job Category Full-Time Job Classification Experienced/Established Division Abbott Medical Optics Shift First Relocation Assistance Within Country Overview
Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries. Job Description PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Responsible for directing quality systems, programs and/or projects to ensure achievement of planned objectives. Implements quality systems and plans to ensure compliance to AMO and all applicable regulations. Selects, trains and develops key management and professional staff to ensure availability of resources to achieve organizational objectives and management continuity. Makes decisions on significant quality issues and products and personnel assignments. Prepares department budget and accountable for adherence to expenditures against the approved plan.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Responsible for compliance with Corporate and Divisional policies, procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Makes decisions on hiring, developing organizational talent and terminations.
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Provides direction and guidance to staff who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Fosters a work environment that promotes the highest level of quality and compliance.
- Directs and implements departmental operations and responsibilities in accordance with existing internal procedures and external regulations and the ability to lead and/or facilitate group compliance activities associated with the AMO quality system (e.g. audit programs, personnel training).
- Builds strategic partnerships and seeks alignment with senior leadership.
- Makes decisions that are aligned with management objectives.
- Directs activities in order to achieve department objectives.
- Reports progress across initiatives and departmental commitments.
- Develops and executes quality plans.
- Resolves issues by working with team members, customers, and others as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and guidance in developing and reporting performance and quality metrics.
- Communicates and interfaces with external regulatory agencies.
Understands the relationship of internal and regulatory requirements to the business. Interfaces with senior management on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units. Ability to independently plan and organize project assignments. Establishes priorities of individual initiatives and project assignments given available resources and based on risk/impact. Skills/Experience Requirements • Hands-on knowledge of computer applications including use of the Internet, Word and Excel applications and presentation software such as Power Point
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good presentation skills
- Works well in a team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and operate in a fast-paced environment
- A minimum of 10 years experience with at least with at least 4 years in a supervisory (or equivalent) role in a regulated industry (Biotech, Pharma or Medical Device manufacturing)
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....