Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
Strategic Leadership of one or more division level quality systems, such as:
- SOP Development: Lead division strategy for SOP development, structure and alignment. Coordinate with division leadership to ensure quality principles are designed into business processes.
- CAPA: Lead division level CAPA program. Responsible for driving continuous improvement through corrective action implementation.
- Compliance Training: Lead division strategy for compliance training. Responsible for communication, tracking and implementation of both domestic and rest of world training plans. Utilize metrics to drive compliance and continuous improvement.
- Internal / External Audit: Lead division strategy for internal audit program. Lead inspection administration during 3rd party audits.
- Lead division level quality improvement teams
- Executive level communication responsibilities: Quality Management Review, Quality Initiatives, etc.
- Position may have responsibilities for direct report employees or oversight of contract personnel.
Bachelor's degree preferred, plust 10-15 years of relevant area experience in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, or other healthcare industry.
3-5 years experience in:
– a quality related role including (SOP development, CAPA, Training, Quality Audits, etc)
– a leadership role
– process improvement
Knowledge of health authority regulations (FDA, EU, etc.)
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....