Provides direction, development, and oversight of business-specific project management and critical day-to-day operational connectivity in leading, planning and execution of a global, multi-disciplinary teams in the successful integration of newly acquired businesses. Responsible for helping to drive optimal business operations performance through the provision of operational data and analysis to inform leaders of key business decisions. Provides cross-functional business operational expertise to drive development of new capabilities as well as alignment and partnership with other internal Takeda functions. Improves organizational performance by aligning people, processes and tools in support of business strategies by translating the broad strategic vision into the tactical details necessary to deliver VBD results that are in support of the MRP.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Support major strategic initiatives for sustained exceptional growth within VBD, both organic and inorganic, including driving all VBD integration activities. Ensures proper identification of key success factors and milestones for operational efficiency and success of integration plans, lead daily integration execution and key milestone attainment according to plan.
- Interact with the broader Takeda functions, VBD Management team, Business Development and other colleagues across the organization in the achievement of these objectives.
- Support analytical and strategic components in support of building new VBD global manufacturing strategy and capabilities. Provides research and leadership of multi-disciplinary teams to determine and establish overall plan and milestones and ensure completion. Participate in strategic, financial, and operational planning, prepare and present presentation materials as necessary.
- Support complex analysis and identification of cost reduction opportunities in VBD global operations and the required remediation activities to meet global regulatory standards. Provide oversight of operational activities across the VBD to ensure operational excellence and efficiencies according to MRP. Identify cost reduction initiatives, and connect them with the overall manufacturing strategy.
- Orchestrate involvement of appropriate functions/individuals in relevant communications, decisions and working groups. Perform high-level analysis of outcomes of executive-level meetings and provide recommendations for effective execution. Generate collaboration, cooperation and communication across functions and between regions by leveraging the experience and knowledge of a diverse workforce.
- In collaboration with all VBD functions and the Quality organization, research, develop and implement appropriate training matrix for VBD organization to ensure compliance to both internal and external standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate, develop and implement appropriate activities, tools and SOPs in collaboration with other Takeda and VBD functions required to support the processes and effectiveness of operations
- Be a key liaison for daily activities with such support functions as IT, OEC, Meeting Planning, Facilities, Legal, etc. to ensure proper compliance with VBD processes and efficiency of daily operations;
- Develop and maintain proper dissemination of key business communications to all VBD employees, partners and other associations. Maintain and promote communication tools (e.g., VBD SharePoint site) to support proper level of global information sharing.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in business, management, science, or finance. Master’s/MBA desired.
- 10+ years experience in at least two of the following cross-functional: operations, project management, supply chain, engineering, product development, sales and marketing, quality, purchasing, finance or legal of which minimally 3 - 5 years must be in a people or project management capacity.
- Strong problem solving and process management skills. Ability to analyze process flows to identify gaps, risks and impediments and implement effective corrective action to increase efficiency and/or improve compliance. Able to communicate alternatives based on underlying drivers.
- Ability to balance business needs, compliance/regulatory requirements, IT system requirements, detailed business process requirements, timelines and budgets to successfully deliver value added solutions.
- Business Process Optimization skills with a demonstrated track record of improving operational performance.
- Transferable experience related to persuasion, negotiation, and influencing skill sets essential.
- Customer focused, works independently toward goals and objectives of the organization. Work is checked only to the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring a long-term perspective.
- Operates effectively in a team setting as a leader, facilitator and team member.
- A minimum of five years relative experience (preferably within the Vaccines/Pharmaceutical industry), focused on cross functional operations, process execution and project management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational agility and political savvy that result in an ability to work cross functionally and lead matrix teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written including ability to synthesize information for senior management.
- PMP Certification preferred
- Up to 40% both domestic and international travel required.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.