The Associate Director responsible for managing and advising, with the Director, both existing and new credit courses for the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies' Teacher Education and Master of Arts in Teaching Program. The Associate Director will be responsible for co-managing the current course offerings, including curriculum development and revision, overseeing the creation of instructional course materials, recruiting faculty, supporting students, program evaluation, budgeting and marketing. Additionally, the Associate Director will serve as a member of the (non-tenured track) teaching faculty; teaching multiple courses per year.
PhD or other Doctoral Degree
Education, education psychology, sociology or other closely related field.
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Experience as a teacher with some experience mentoring or instructing pre-service or early career teachers.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Demonstrated excellence as an instructor.
- Knowledge of teacher certification programs and requirements.
- Excellent teaching evaluations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, good judgment, maturity, and ability to work on multiple tasks and a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail and record-keeping skills.
- Excellent judgment and a sound sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to set priorities; follow through on multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be a team player and ability to work independently.
- Public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of university curriculum, culture, regulations, and resources.
- Knowledge of program evaluation and assessment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to interact and collaborate with staff and gain their trust and confidence.
- Flexibility to adapt as the program grows and the ability to thrive in a changing and undefined work environment.
Rice University - 18 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...