Education: Master's Degree in counseling, clinical psychology or social work required, Doctorate in clinical psychology or counseling (ABD considered) preferred. License or eligibility to be licensed in Illinois required.
Experience: Experience providing counseling, consultation and outreach to college age individuals required. Crisis management experience required. Generalist counseling/therapy skills, including brief therapy required. Demonstrated multicultural competence and commitment to multicultural organizational development required. Training and outreach experience required.
Experience in a college counseling center is highly preferred. Experience in providing supervision of mental health clinicians is highly preferred. Experience providing administrative leadership to work groups and/or programs is highly preferred.
1. Provide counseling, crisis management, and outreach to students and consultation.
2. Provide assistance with the administrative leadership in handling Center and campus crises.
3. Assist with the clinical supervision of staff.
4. Provide administrative leadership to various work groups, task forces, and/or programs
5. Remain current on relevant issues and trends of college campuses and provide training in such areas.
6. Provide administrative duties at the request of the Director and/or in the Directors absence
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
Review of applications will begin June 3, 2013 and continue until on campus interviews are scheduled. A completed file consists of a letter of interest, a vita, three professional references contact information, an official transcript and a copy of license. Materials should be sent to Katie McCarthy, EIU Counseling Center 600 Lincoln Ave, Charleston, Illinois, 61920 or email@example.com .