Provides strategic and tactical public relations/integrated marketing support for schools, colleges and centers related to health care, biotechnology, and research in order to build the brand and reputation of the University with various constituencies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops and writes news and feature stories, media alerts, op-ed articles, calendar announcements, internal messages, advertorials, speeches and public service announcements for the media and various publications.
2. Pitches and places subject matter experts, newsworthy stories, press releases and media alerts to local, regional, national and international media (traditional and digital media).
3. Advises marketing directors, deans and other university administrators regarding public relations challenges and/or opportunities.
4. Utilizes an integrated marketing approach and provides input in brand strategy and creative execution (i.e. public relations, marketing and advertising).
5. Oversees strategic gathering of information from University news "beats" and writes stories for NSU magazines, the Annual Report, advertorials, e- bulletins, and other internal communications.
6. Provides editorial support for various marketing initiatives (i.e. - print, online, magazine, Annual Report, etc.).
7. Participates in business, community and professional organizations to promote NSU.
8. Researches and provides information for various online and publication surveys, as well as enters the University for various award programs.
9. Provides support for the production of NSU brochures and marketing pieces, such as PowerPoint presentations for the president, NSU Campus map, NSU Fact Book, NSU points in history and NSU's general history.
10. Assists in coordinating special events to include groundbreakings, dedications, sponsored dinners and community-wide events.
11. Assists with maintaining media databases.
12. Assists in maintaining online Subject Matter Expert List.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Ability to coordinate and handle multiple priorities, and work collaboratively with University leadership and colleagues across campuses.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with external stakeholders.
4. Excellent organization and planning skills.
5. Ability and willingness to attend functions and meetings during evenings and on weekends and to travel as needed.
6. Ability to take initiative, to manage projects, work with minimal supervision and make independent judgments/decisions.
7. Ability to use the Internet and computer software programs with proficiency, specifically including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social networking platforms, etc.
8. Ability to decipher complicated scientific information in layperson's language to present to the media and NSU stakeholders.
Major (if required):
Five (5) years public relations, marketing communications, or journalism experience.
1. Major in Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing.
2. Health care, biotechnology, and research knowledge and experience.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...