VEVO is the leading innovative digital premium music and entertainment service for consumers, advertisers and content owners that blends the very best in musical content with cutting-edge video technology and a thriving user community. The content is made available on YouTube through a set of VEVO-branded channels, on VEVO.com, the service's marquee destination site, VEVO branded mobile applications, IP-TV services and through a VEVO-branded embedded player via a syndication platform for additional Internet destination sites.
VEVO is a joint venture of Universal Music Group (UMG), Sony Music Entertainment (SME) and the Abu Dhabi Media, with independent operations overseen by a dedicated management team with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, San Francisco, Chicago and Detroit. VEVO features the most extensive catalog of premium music content found anywhere on the web thanks to deals with such leading music companies as Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, EMI Music, Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Beggars Group, CBS Interactive Music Group, Big Machine Records, Concord Music Group, Lyric Street Records, ABKCO, Caroline Distribution, INgroorves/Fontana Distribution, The Orchard/IODA, RED, Tuncore, FUGA, among many others. Explore VEVO at www.vevo.com .
The Associate Director, Business Development will help to identify, evaluate, structure, negotiate and manage partnerships to broaden VEVO’s product/service offering, diversify revenue models and expand distribution. He/she will also support the overall media strategy for the company and collaborate closely with product development, engineering, ad sales/ad ops, programming, brand marketing, finance and business affairs professionals as part of the day to day execution. This role requires an individual who can combine a solid understanding of the overall media space with a comprehensive foundation in financial and business analysis
- Identify, negotiate and manage strategic relationships with content, distribution and technology partners to generate revenue, grow online traffic and/or strengthen corporate brand
- Identify new strategic opportunities for growth; Effectively diligence, analyze and communicate these opportunities to senior management in a concise, polished format
- Conduct industry and company analysis, including market research and building and maintaining financial and operational models
- Support senior management in overall media strategy initiatives, including creation of comprehensive and cohesive presentations for senior-level review
- Actively develop internal and external relationships to help advance group and overall company initiatives; including managing of ongoing relationships with key accounts
- Analyze key industry trends and market conditions across all media (e.g., traditional, digital, social, mobile, etc.) in informing various distribution opportunities
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/BA from a major university
- At least 5 years business development experience in the media industry, preferable with experience in direct-to-consumer and/or advertising-supported service specializing in digital media
- Passion for music, pop culture and digital media
- Proven track record of evaluating business opportunities and executing tactical strategy for implementation to support business growth
- Familiarity and fluency with digital technology a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative environment
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work under tight time constraints
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Vevo - 6 months ago
VEVO offers exclusive original programming and live performances.