Reports to the chair, Department of Family and Community Medicine. Works with the chair to coordinate administrative support services within the department including fiscal processes, faculty and personnel processes, strategic planning and faculty development.
Principal responsibilities include administrative, fiscal and personnel oversight and coordination for the department.
- Performs administrative tasks and/or provides oversight for various department functions: serves as department budget manager, preparing and monitoring the budget, and assisting in forecasting fiscal needs; performs supervisory responsibilities for the department administrative coordinator and others as assigned; coordinates strategic planning activities; coordinates family and community medicine faculty appointment and promotion process; coordinates personnel processes within the department; serves as the administrative liaison from the department to the College of Medicine; represents the department chair as requested.
- Manages faculty development processes in the department; develops, administers, and evaluates professional skills development programs for faculty, residents and staff.
- May develop, write, and coordinate grant proposals for the department; monitors grant budgets; searches for grant sources including the federal government, foundations and proprietary corporations.
- Provides administrative support for community outreach programs/projects of the department and College as requested; tracks faculty/staff service activities.
- Serves as a member of the departmental, College and/or University committees as requested by the chair; may support, participate in and supervise scholarly activities within the department as appropriatee of Medicine and the department as requested.
- Credential required: Master’s degree
- Willing and able to travel within the consortium as well as within the state and nationally
- Proficient in Microsoft office software, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Coursework in education, health, management or business administration
- Three years experience in a medical education and/or higher education setting including project management preferred.
NEOMED - 13 months ago