BioStorage Technologies (BST) is the premier, global provider of comprehensive sample management solutions for the bioscience industry. We were founded in 2002 and are a privately held organization headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with an additional full-service site near Frankfurt, Germany. Our mission is to provide our clients with world class, biorepository services, exceeding clients expectations of service, value and quality while setting the industry standard for the storage, management and logistics of samples.
Associate Director of Comprehensive Solutions
The dedicated leader we seek will provide oversight and direct support for comprehensive service offerings, both internally and for external on-site operations. You will be expected to operate independently and provide either within a matrix environment or direct line management, oversight quality execution of BST services, either internally or at on-site locations or alliances. Be proactive in identification and implementation of required processes, procedures, remediation plans, as well as manage projects and effectively lead teams to success. A comprehensive understanding of BST procedures, experience with sample management and processing with the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology Industry, quality and compliance expertise, and a fundamental understanding of project management are essential for success. Additionally, you will be expected to interact effectively with decision makers with multiple organizations, understand client needs, determine appropriate strategies and drive projects and initiatives to successful implementation and maintenance.
- Be a resource for BST policy and procedures and be able to effectively implement these procedures and/or work with similar client-specific procedures for the management of comprehensive solutions.
- Develop implementation/action plans for the on-site service functions in support of the client and Senior Director of Comprehensive Solutions.
- Ensure proper scheduling of day-to-day and long range activities, utilizing appropriate reporting tools to communicate resource and quality metrics to enable management of business.
- Oversee employee training programs to include managerial, technical, safety and total quality management for on-site services.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly operational reports including key performance indicators for on-site services, and ensure the goals are strategic, value added, and appropriately measured.
- Establish and coordinate goal setting, performance reviews and incentive/salary administrative processes for staff.
- Provide direction and coordination of resources in response to emergencies.
- Review metrics and provide recommendations or solutions for enabling drive towards greater efficiencies and quality.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standard of business ethics and conduct.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
- Independently act on client needs to ensure client satisfaction. Drive process changes as needed to ensure quality deliverables.
- Lead or participate in business critical initiatives such as RFPs, project definition, etc.
- Ensure the creation of processes and SOPs for specialty services.
- Identify customer needs or service opportunities and create new products and services.
- Implement an efficient and quality project management organization.
- Measure, track and ensure operational and fiscal responsibilities of the department and company.
- Bachelors degree.
- 8-10 years of applicable experience.
- Experience working in an FDA and GXP regulated environments within the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent management acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and gain commitment from others.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, customers, internal and external demands.
- Ability to lead effectively.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills, ability to build credibility with others, able to engage in effective problem solving conversations.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time.
- Masters degree in Engineering, Biology, or Science related technology.
- PMP certification, six sigma or equivalent experience and understanding.
We value our employees time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this position please visit: