The Atlantic is looking for a talented journalist to work on the Events Channel of TheAtlantic.com . The channel, which launches this spring, will provide editorial coverage (text and video) of Atlantic programs, including topical posts prior to, during, and after events, as well as posts detailing speakers and agendas for upcoming programs. This position reports to the deputy editor of TheAtlantic.com but coordinates with the Content Director of AtlanticLIVE and the Executive Producer of Atlantic Video.
Responsibilities Include :
- Conceiving and writing bylined posts on editorial topics related to upcoming AtlanticLIVE events
- Conceiving and writing bylined posts on the news made and ideas discussed at AtlanticLIVE programs
- Producing video posts from AtlanticLIVE events
- Producing all Events Channel posts -- writing headlines, writing pull quotes, selecting photos, writing captions, embedding video, etc.
- Promoting content from Atlantic Events channel via social media
- Taking day-to-day responsibility for the editorial success of the Events Channel
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate :
- Has several years of professional editorial experience on digital platforms
- Is a lively writer and rigorous thinker with a demonstrated ability to explain complicated topics to an audience of generalists
- Is curious, creative, energetic, resourceful, entrepreneurial, and detail-oriented
- Collaborates and communicates well with multiple stakeholders
- Can juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Understands the role of social media in an editorial environment
- Possesses basic video producing and editing skills
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Atlantic Media, Ltd. is an award winning, full service, film and video production company. Utilizing the latest technology we specialize in...