About the Huffington Post:|
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.
About the Role: Associate Editor, HuffPost
The Huffington Post Media Group has an immediate opening for an Associate Editor in New York.
- Oversee a research team's workload under tight deadlines, with strong attention to detail and impeccable organization
- Quickly conduct and distill large amounts of research into interesting and concise summaries
- Manage large social media accounts
- Manage company-wide special projects
- Evaluate blog submissions and edit copy as needed
- Perform various administrative duties
- Candidate is expected to work Tuesday - Saturday schedule .
- Previous experience in a fast-paced news, production or political environment is a must
- Must be an organized multi-tasker who can self-manage his or her time while juggling multiple projects on strict deadlines
- Experience writing, researching or editing professionally
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in and knowledge of current events, media and politics
- Fluent in social media platforms (twitter, facebook, google+)
AOL - 15 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...