PLOS ONE, the award-winning open-access science journal, is looking for an Associate Editor to join its editorial team based in its Cambridge, UK office. The post is potentially available for one year, subject to the return of the post-holder.
The Associate Editor is responsible for a wide array of editorial matters, from daily submission assessments to developing the overall scope of the journal.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Assessing new submissions and guiding papers through the review process
- Overseeing editorial decisions
- Providing support to Authors, Editors and Publishing Assistants
- Resolving editorial disputes
- Training and monitoring Academic Editors
- Representing PLOS ONE at scientific meetings
- Maintaining and developing good working relationships with both internal staff and external stakeholders.
Please apply by 27 August 2013.
- PhD qualification, preferably in a biomedical research area, or direct experience in a scientific research environment
- Editorial or publishing experience in science, technical or medical publishing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- A good understanding of online scientific communication
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized and motivated.
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) is a non-profit organization of scientists and physicians committed to making the world's scientific...