This position will assist-in, design, develop, scale-up and optimize pharmaceutical unit operations at various scales ranging from R&D to Phase III manufacture. Example unit operations include drug substance crystallization and oral drug product unit operations, such as blending, milling, granulation and tablet compression. The individual is expected to show a strong lab presence, execute experiments with a focus on process performance and robustness, interpret data, participate in cross functional teams and write technical reports. A solid background in chemical engineering and / or material science is required.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science with 0-3 years experience
- Ability to apply scientific principles to design, execute and interpret experiments
- Good written and oral communication.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
Desired but not required
- Unit operation experience
- Statistics experience
- Chemometrics experience
Personal Attributes Needed:
- Motivated self starter
- Positive, adaptable, can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as required
- Functional ability to work in a chemical laboratory, pilot plant and commercial facility
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Alkermes, Inc. - 19 months ago