An entry level position for a new college graduate with a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Job functions will be to specify, develop, validation and provide product support for new development and ongoing product support for electro-mechanical components. This work may involve estimating cost, project planning, analyzing data and reporting results, maintaining records and writing reports.
1. Specify, develop and validate electro-mechanical systems and components.
2. Perform root cause failure analysis on electro-mechanical systems and components.
3. Analyze reliability and durability problems with electro-mechanical components and initiate corrective actions.
4. Prepare and release engineering technical documents.
5. Provide product technical support to suppliers, customers and other Allison departments.
6. Identify and develop cost reductions and other product improvements.
7. Prepare and present product budgets, schedules and technical status reports.
8. Plan and manage project schedules to meet program deliverables.
BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent experience
1. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
2. Strong analytical ability required.
3. Ability to read drawings and blueprints required.
4. Proficiency in written and spoken English required.
5. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project required.
6. Proficiency in the application of fundamental electrical/mechanical concepts and phsyics required.
7. Proficiency in the application of electro-mechanical components and systems required.
8. Proficiency in the use of engineering design and development tools required.