To support the Engineering, Manufacturing and Accounting functions by obtaining detail knowledge of the manufactured product and processes. Assure accuracy of manufacturing data for all products.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Review products and conduct product standardization and methods of construction.
- Reviews basic specifications to make sure drawings and bills of materials are accurate.
- Required to update and maintain manufacturing data within system, containing bills of materials and routing.
- Required to update and maintain item master data within system, containing new items, dimensions, and UPC codes
- Investigate/evaluate manufacturing changes impact on materials and cost.
- Provide analysis and information to other areas of company as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Associate Engineering degree is required.
- Experience in Engineering or Manufacturing environment is desired but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Inventor or other solid modeling programs is required.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily EXCEL.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of reading simple blueprints and assembly drawings.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to manage priorities while working on a variety of projects.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Uses established standards to select the correct parts and materials for each product.
- Work closely with Sales, R&D and/or Manufacturing for information needed to verify product specifications.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able communicate on the telephone for lengthy periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to work in or travel through the manufacturing environment with exposure to noise, fumes and dust particles.
- Must be able to withstand both cold and hot conditions, depending on location and weather.
- Must be able to travel to various facilities to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
- Must be able to lift up to approximately 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...