To support the Engineering, Manufacturing and Accounting functions by obtaining detail knowledge of the manufactured product and processes. Assure accuracy of manufacturing data for all products.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Review products and conduct product standardization and methods of construction.
- Reviews basic specifications to make sure drawings and bills of materials are accurate.
- Required to update and maintain manufacturing data within system, containing bills of materials and routing.
- Required to update and maintain item master data within system, containing new items, dimensions, and UPC codes
- Investigate/evaluate manufacturing changes impact on materials and cost.
- Provide analysis and information to other areas of company as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Associate Engineering degree is required.
- Experience in Engineering or Manufacturing environment is desired but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Inventor or other solid modeling programs is required.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily EXCEL.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of reading simple blueprints and assembly drawings.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to manage priorities while working on a variety of projects.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Uses established standards to select the correct parts and materials for each product.
- Work closely with Sales, R&D and/or Manufacturing for information needed to verify product specifications.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able communicate on the telephone for lengthy periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to work in or travel through the manufacturing environment with exposure to noise, fumes and dust particles.
- Must be able to withstand both cold and hot conditions, depending on location and weather.
- Must be able to travel to various facilities to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
- Must be able to lift up to approximately 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation - 2 years ago
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...