As one of the fastest growing e-Commerce companies in the country, Quidsi (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon) is the parent company of Diapers.com (baby care), Soap.com (health, beauty, and household essentials), BeautyBar.com (prestige beauty), Wag.com (pet products), YoYo.com (toys), Casa.com (home), Vine.com (green), Afterschool.com (sports), Bookworm.com (children’s books), and Look.com (children’s clothing). We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture, and the experience for our customers.
We are seeking a highly-motivated associate finance analyst to join our new corporate reporting team, and report to our Manager of Financial Reporting. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to assist in the production of Quidsi’s site-level financial statements on a monthly and quarterly basis, assist in the production of our key metrics and reporting packages which we share internally and with Amazon on a monthly and quarterly basis, and build out automation and efficiencies in existing processes and continue to develop our reporting package to provide insight for Quidsi’s management team. The production of Quidsi’s financial reporting requires attention to detail, a drive for continued streamlining and improvement of the production process, as well as relationship building with key stakeholders with whom the FP&A team collaborates. Additionally, the associate finance analyst will take on special projects to help improve financial data integrity and transparency, to support the retail business’ decision making, and help explain financial results versus the plan. The desired candidate is a bright, highly analytical individual who is a hard-working, organized team player with a strong technical background and ability to learn quickly on the job.
At Quidsi, we embrace our nimble culture which empowers us with the ability to react quickly and accomplish the seemingly impossible. To be successful, the candidate must be ready to ‘bring it’ and challenge their intellect on a daily basis. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, and not afraid to take risks.
Associate Analyst Job Responsibilities
• Assist in production of weekly management dashboard, a tool relied upon by our business leaders to monitor KPIs and inform decision making
• Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for management reporting purposes
• Prepare financial reporting for monthly & quarterly business reviews with Amazon leadership
• Assist in accounting month-close process, providing support to our accounting team
• Refine and improve accuracy of management reporting which relies on estimates to represent true economic reality of certain areas of our business
• Identify opportunities to use technology to streamline all recurring processes
• Identify & implement opportunities for building efficiencies into existing processes
• Serve as a finance liaison to bolster understanding of financial metrics & data limitations within the organization
• Take ownership for improving the accuracy, availability, and timeliness of financial data
• Take ownership for improving the accuracy of data in our data warehouse (which is leveraged company-wide for the purposes of management reporting and real time monitoring of financial performance)
• Perform ad-hoc analyses and special projects to improve financial data integrity
• Participate in other projects as required
Basic Qualifications / Skills
• 1-2 years related experience
• Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, or related
• Solid understanding of financial statements
• Strong Excel Skills (knowledge of VBA a plus)
• Experience working with databases and SQL a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-centric environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding fast paced environment
This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station. Bordering the Hudson River, our offices have spectacular panoramic views of Manhattan and New Jersey.
Quidsi Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Soap.com - 6 months ago