Associate Finance Manager
National Express Corporation is currently seeking 3 Associate Finance Managers with five or more years of finance experience.
Position responsibilities Include:
- Drive the monthly financial close process for 10-15 locations.
- Create financial models to predict financial performance and prepare a monthly forecast.
- Analyze monthly financial performance of each site versus expectations.
- Drive the annual planning process by interacting with each branch to build a bottom-up budget while establishing business cases that help support the annual operating goals.
- Establish monthly processes to review and analyze underperforming branches.
- Work with the clients to create action plans to mitigate variances to plan.
- Serve as a key business partner to the region and general managers and area vice-presidents related to financial support and train managers to understand financial implications, tools, etc..
- Participate in various special hoc projects providing research and analysis as well as solutions.
- Establish and ensure continuous improvement of best practices within the area and across the organization.
- Supervise, coach and develop 2-3 financial analysts in their role of supporting the business.
- Take a lead role in larger renewal bids and tuck-ins and support 2-3 financial analysts in their work on small renewals and tuck-ins.
- Work with other associate finance managers to take the area FP&A forward in terms of efficiency and support provided to operations staff.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA a plus
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance, financial systems, and general business operations experience
- Working knowledge of modeling software to prepare reports and conduct financial analyses, experience with Oracle and/or Hyperion systems a plus
- Advanced experience using other MS Office tools (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong financial acumen, including experience with standard finance and accounting methods, strong variance analysis capability and knowledge of how to build, monitor and track action plans
- Proven analytic and quantitative decision-making skills, including the ability to pull meaningful insights out of large data sets
- Broad business knowledge and organizational awareness as well as an understanding of business profitability drivers
- Ability to dive into operating results and propose business solutions that help drive out costs
- Strong communication skills across all mediums including the a bility to convey financial concepts to colleagues with varying levels of financial acumen
- Past experience presenting to members of the highest senior management
- Strong project management skills – ability to multi-task under high pressure situations with a sense of urgency
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Should be comfortable operating within a dynamic and complex organizational structure, and be effective in a team-oriented environment
- Confidentiality and discretion – demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...