This position is responsible for assisting in the development of the financial component of RFP responses. The Associate Financial Analyst will work with Underwriters, Pricing Analysts, and other internal divisions to coordinate the collection of the pertinent information needed to construct competitive offers, while meeting established financial targets. The Associate Financial Analyst will serve as a resource on matters pertaining to both financial and operational performance guarantees, while maintaining a positive working relationship with Sales, Client Engagement, Pricing, Trade Relations and other key business owners within Prime.
- Gathers and examines appropriate documentation and data necessary to develop pricing in response to RFP’s.
- Evaluates the utilization and financial experience of customers and prospects.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and provides reports as needed, including documenting all pricing decisions.
- Collaborates with Sales, Marketing, and Client Engagement to drive profitable growth.
- Monitors trends and identifies the need for new or revised procedures and practices to achieve profit, sales and retention objectives.
- May participate in development of methodologies, models, & reports to support objectives of the position.
- May perform claims re-pricing analyses of external claims data, as needed.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, accounting, related field or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
· Prior PBM or healthcare experience
· In-depth knowledge of mathematical applications used in pricing or underwriting functions, including the ability to calculate figures such as discounts, proportions and percentages, as well as the ability to apply basic concepts of business mathematics and algebra in pricing or underwriting problems.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one or small group situations.
· Knowledge of MS Access and/or SAS Enterprise Guide a plus.
· Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel, Word & Powerpoint.
Prime's fast-paced and dynamic work environment is ideal for proactively addressing the constant changes in the health care industry. Our employees are involved, empowered, and rewarded for their achievements. We value new ideas and work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of care and service to our members.
If you are looking to advance your career within a growing and team-oriented company, apply to Prime today and start making a difference.
We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management decisions...