Walmart serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 10,130 retail units under 69 different banners in 27 countries. With fiscal year 2012 sales of $443 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million associates worldwide.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
Designing, implementing and monitoring corporate governance processes and procedures
Developing and fostering relationships as business partners with client
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
Directs legal support for business transactions and projects involving risk
Identifies, assesses and manages risk to the company
Manages financial resources and processes
Provides legal advice to the company
Provides overall direction the purpose of providing legal services
- Prosecute and register trademarks, domestically and internationally,
- Mange a domain name portfolio
- Enforce intellectual property rights of business to protect the company
- Independently manage all aspects of the assigned trademark portfolio
- Provide counsel on all trademark matters as they affect the business such as licensing, acquisitions, divestments, etc.
- Foreign and domestic trademark clearances
- Manage trademark oppositions and cancellation proceedings
- Contribute to the development of trademark and copyright policies and procedures and ensure implementation
- Draft and manage Intellectual Property license agreements and settlement agreements
- Manage Intellectual Property portfolio and responsible for pre-litigation aspects of Intellectual Property disputes.
5 years legal experience post-degree.
Law degree from an accredited law school.
Licence to practice law in at least one state.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 11 years of solid trademark and patent experience; in-house retail experience a plus,
- Ability to manage high volume workload,
- Ability to understand business needs and respond with sense of urgency,
- Work independently on range of complex intellectual property legal issues,
- Must be organized and have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to oversee large portfolios with minimal supervision and with attention to detail and deadlines
- Must be proactive, a self-starter, and a good team player
- JD from accredited law school, licensed with a state bar, and excellent academic credentials.
1 year of supervisory experience.
5 years working as a lawyer in a corporate Legal department or law firm.
Assistant General Counsel – Intellectual Property
Walmart Stores - 10 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs cha...