Reference Code: 12049988
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Education Level: Doctorate Degree
This legal position supports the Houston Global Commodities business and is part of the legal team based in Houston, Texas. The global commodities business in the US is focused on structured transactions and trading in power, natural gas, crude oil and other commodities. The successful candidate will provide legal transactional and regulatory advice to support the North American energy business. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Provide legal counsel and transactional support to various types of energy transactions, particularly repos and other inventory monetizations.
- Have substantial experience negotiating and structuring complex energy transactions, such as originated transactions, repos and other inventory monetizations and other highly structured complex transactions.
- Have substantial experience negotiating power, natural gas and crude oil trading agreements such as the ISDA, EEI, NAESB, crude oil GTCs and the LEAP, and providing guidance to contract negotiators for day to day negotiations.
- Be able to work in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate regarding relevant laws, regulations, rules, policies, and standards, including the Dodd Frank Act, and other laws and regulations relating to commodities trading.
- Be a team player and work closely with compliance, the business and other support groups.
- Participate in relevant trade associations, industry groups, task forces and committees.
· Legal degree required
· Minimum of 5-10 years experience in the energy industry, particularly with a focus on structured transactions. Solid understanding of commodities trading required; crude oil experience preferred.
· In house experience strongly preferred.
· Excellent communication and writing skills required. Must be a team player.
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...