Education, Certification & Licenses:|
JD degree from an ABA accredited law school or equivalent foreign
Member of a state bar in good standing
Minimum 5 years of relevant attorney practice experience.
Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Proficient in both verbal and written communications to the
extent that he or she is able to convey thoughts, concepts, positions,
and arguments in a clear, concise, professional, and effective manner
appropriate to the audience and circumstances
Travel up to 20%
The Counsel, Associate General I, in a capacity similar to that of a
junior or mid-level partner in a private law firm, provides legal
services to clients at various levels in the corporation under the
general supervision of one or more Associate General Counsel or the
General Counsel. Services may include legal and factual investigation,
research and analysis, counseling, litigation, litigation management or
assistance, transactional documentation and negotiation, and regulatory
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Responsible for the legal affairs of a specific segment of the
corporation or for the legal affairs of the entire corporation within a
specialized area of law.
2. Develop, in conjunction with the client, legal strategies which
effectively address and resolve the client's problems consistent with
the law and the interests of the client and company.
3. Appropriately obtains, analyzes, and documents the facts, data,
documents, and applicable law necessary and pertinent to issue or
4. May be asked to serve on company or legal department task forces
or committees formed from time to time to develop and/or implement
policies or procedures with respect to issues or projects.
5. Serve as a legal resource to the committee or task force but the
scope of his or her participation may be broader depending on
experience, ability, or expertise in the area involved.
6. May, on a limited basis, supervise other attorneys and staff
members and is responsible for assigning, reviewing, and evaluating
their work. These responsibilities will frequently include development
and execution of career development plans for subordinates.
7. May review and assign legal tasks or projects to legal assistants
and other department personnel.
8. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
9. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
OfficeMax - 17 months ago
This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far behind...