Rabo AgriFinance is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $800 billion in assets and operations in 35 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business.
Rabo AgriFinance’s focus in the United States compliments Rabobank’s commitment to financing agriculture; from the farmers and ranchers who grow crops and livestock, to the processors and manufacturers who turn raw commodities into value-added products, to the distributors and retailers who deliver food and material to the end consumer.
We’re equally dedicated to our employees and continue to invest in them by developing legitimate plans for ongoing growth, creating a culture of accountability, providing outstanding benefits, and offering clear and achievable career paths.
Participates in supporting and interacting with the BSA/AML and Compliance Function of Rabo Agrifinance, Inc. (“RAF”) to:
- Provide guidance related to Company’s operations and lines of business including corporate governance and oversight of the operations and business of RAF, including without limitation, extension of credit, issues related to securitization of collateral, loan documentation, litigation, UCC, HR, licensing, etc. Consistent with the Rabobank International Global External Counsel Policy, oversee the activities of outside counsel involving matters of litigation, negotiation and other functions. Provide counsel and direction to management on the legal aspects of the business of the company. Participate in the resolution of disputes; negotiate and draft corporate agreement, leases, settlement agreements; review procedures to ensure adequacy. Analyze and recommend any needed changes or resources required for all departments, and analyze and recommend any needed changes or resources required for the Legal Department to effectively manage the legal needs of RAF; assist in providing training and informational support on legal issues that directly affect personnel involved in all aspects of the company including operations more than half the U.S. States, credit approvals, collection decisions and company BSA/AML and regulatory compliance requirements including global compliance statutes; prepare and maintain litigation summaries and assist in preparing communications related to legal issues for company’s lenders, Board of Directors and stockholders; participate in management decisions concerning various administrative aspects of the company.
- Provide legal support to the various departments of RAF. Participate in various activities and projects as necessary to enable the company to achieve its goals. Provide counsel on corporate matters as directed by General Counsel.
- Perform all other duties assigned by General Counsel
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Responsible for assisting in arranging for, and managing corporate records and keeping minutes at Board of Directors meetings for RAF and its subsidiaries, and maintaining corporate governance records and legal corporate governance in general including reporting to Rabobank International.
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and other applicable laws
- Implement all applicable U.S. and Dutch banking, insurance, Farm Credit or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide support, advice and appropriate training to staff concerning regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with applicable U.S. and Dutch laws and regulations and keep track of any changes.
- Manage all regulatory examination of the operations of the company and behalf of its clients by the FRB, OCC, FDIC, Dutch National Bank and other applicable entities.
- Monitor and implement compliance with contractual obligations of RAF to its Lender clients and affiliates.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, assists in setting and monitoring the future direction of the company.
Knowledge and experience in BSA/AML and regulatory compliance matters. Knowledge of European Banking compliance issues also desired, but not required.
- Education: Law Degree
- Qualifications: Hold license to practice law in the state where located (Missouri) if licensed in another state ready and able to become licensed in Missouri.
- 10 -20 years of experience as a lawyer
- Experience in representation associated with banking and/or regulated commercial lender; provided counsel with regard to and/or managed litigation, settlements and/or workouts on behalf of banks or regulated commercial lender(s) such as suppliers, financial institutions or similar entities that involved aspects of documentation and general law; experience in Uniform Commercial Code work;
- General agricultural awareness on a national or at least regional basis is desired but not required. And interest in learning about agriculture and agricultural lending is required.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
Health care spending account
Dependent care spending account
Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
Optional life insurance
Health and wellness seminars
Rabo AgriFinance offers an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development and ambition. The employment benefits are excellent.
Please apply via the website by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Rabobank - 16 months ago
Rabobank Group has its roots deep in Dutch soil. Founded as a cooperative of Dutch agricultural banks in 1898, the company has some 140...