athena’s HR Department (“People and Process”) works passionately to build a high-performing company culture comprised of engaged employees who collaborate to achieve athena’s healthcare mission. As an integral member of the People and Process Team, the Human Resources Associate acts as a key strategic business partner to assigned business division, representing approximately over 500 employees. (S)he collaborates with HR and Leadership to define and execute HR strategies, programs and processes that drive performance excellence.
The Human Resources Associate will work in our Watertown, Massachusetts office and will report to the HR Manager of our Client Operations & G&A depts to help foster a creative, fun, yet thoroughly productive HR relationship with the Client Operations & G&A organization.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Bases for Evaluation
- Performance Management- Help build upon existing performance programs (competency models, appraisal forms, systems) and be a leader in implementing new programs, such as job rotation, career path definition and succession planning, to support performance excellence.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers in the execution of the annual 360 degree review and bonus process and other performance actions, including pulse checks, action plans and terminations. This includes review, follow-up and approval of documentation and delivery participation, as appropriate.
- Represent HR to assigned departments as an onsite contact for all employee relations matters. This includes proactively implementing manager/team-building activities, coaching employees on internal career paths, responding to general policy and process questions and providing dispute/conflict resolution and mediation skills, coordinating with the HR Manager as necessary.
- Advocate and role model athena’s cultural guiding principles to employees and management, which can mean purporting and/or executing difficult actions that are for the “greater good” over the individual;
- Partner with hiring managers (within assigned departments) and the Recruiting team to help fill open positions with top-notch candidates within our time-to-fill goals. This includes overseeing job design and organizational structure as it relates to new positions, providing organizational context to Recruiting on job openings, working with department Leaders and Recruiting in the quarterly budgeting process to understand and create realistic hiring forecasts that meet capacity model needs, interviewing candidates for specialized and management level roles and providing meaningful perspective that influences hiring managers in the decision-making process;
- Special Projects- Working collaboratively with his/her HR Manager and all members of the HR team to ensure that the department’s overall goals are met; this at times may mean sacrificing individual performance for overall department performance;
- Ability to deliver presentations and coordinate activities in front of large groups of people while maintaining audience engagement and participation
- Coordinate and/or assist in coordinating various employee events (at one or multiple sites)
- Create company communication for various purposes and levels of administration; advanced business communication skills required
- Assist with HR Administration, benefits administration and recordkeeping
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Outlook will be required to work in and create necessary documents and spreadsheets
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting
- Maintain proper and complete employee files and the electronic HR filing system
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office and any other duties as assigned.
The Human Resources Associate will be evaluated as much on the performance of the team as the individual’s performance on discrete assignments and metrics.
Compensation and Benefits
- Discrete metrics include, but are not limited to: employee engagement, turnover, candidate quality, stakeholder satisfaction;
- S/He will receive an annual appraisal, including a 360 degree assessment, to review demonstrated level of foundational and job-specific competencies and achievement against job-specific business goals;
The Human Resources Associate will be paid on a salaried basis, plus a potential annual bonus driven by the success of the Company, department and individual and determined at the discretion of management. Other benefits include:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave;
- Health insurance;
- Disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- 401(k) plan, including employer match;
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Gym membership program.
- 1-3 years Human Resources experience or related experience; strong desire to learn and excel in the HR Field;
- Ability to provide credible HR guidance to and influence management at all levels, including Leadership;
- Exceptional communication skills, including group presentation and relationship development skills;
- Professional, confident manner and poised and articulate demeanor;
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personality types and all job levels;
- Demonstrated history of exemplary ethics and integrity, including ability to handle and maintain the integrity of confidential information;
- Active commitment to the identification and appropriate resolution of all business issues, whether they are rooted in business problems or are pure compliance concerns;
athenahealth, Inc. - 13 months ago
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...