Job Title |
Associate IT Auditor
Windsor - CT
Corporate Audit Services
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
10 - 20%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
We seek a capable and qualified Associate IT Auditor with technology audit and risk management experience. The Associate IT Auditor will assist the Lead Auditor in the planning and timely execution of high-quality, risk based audits of technology infrastructure, business applications systems and significant projects.
Key responsibilities include;
• Assist with the planning of individual audits within the LOB/Function to determine the focus and objectives of the audits using risk analysis principles, risk assessments, and business judgment.
• Assist the Lead Auditor during audit fieldwork ensuring that accurate and complete testing of key controls is performed in compliance with established departmental protocols and auditing standards.
• Execute and communicate results in accordance with CAS and professional standards.
• Contribute to successful completion of the annual plan (integrated, application & IT audits..
• Execute concurrent projects while consistently meeting deadlines under IT Audit Management supervision.
• Work with Lead Auditor to identify risk-based issues, apply creative solutions and deliver commercially-considered opinions to promote effective risk management.
• Participate in CAS initiatives and perform other duties at the direction of IT Audit Management.
• Responsible for personal and team development through enhancement of business knowledge, professional skills, and through contribution to the performance evaluation process through completing individual audit /project appraisals.
Who is our ideal candidate?
As a member of the Corporate Audit Services (CAS) team, you will provide assistance in the planning and execution of information technology control audits.
Required: 0-3+ years of information technology audit and risk management experience.
Preferred: Industry knowledge (i.e. investment management, retirement services, life Insurance or financial services).
• Demonstrated working knowledge with control design, implementation, and/or assessment; including, interfacing with business owners on control solutions, preparing recommendations, and conducting systems tests to determine remediation of identified recommendations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of controls for IT, applications, system development and standards for IT risk management (e.g. COBiT, ISO27001/2, FFIEC, Val-IT, ITIL and CMM).
• Ability to respect and value differences and navigate cultural, geographical and political boundaries.
• Commitment to shared team success and personal professional development.
• Assist Audit Management in the planning for audits for the LOB/Function by:
Preparing process flows/narratives of major processes within the areas being audited to ensure proper identification of risks, assessment of key controls, and the development of appropriate testing strategies.
Preparing audit scopes and rationales.
Identifying opportunities to enhance the audit process by utilizing Computer Assisted Auditing Tools (CAATs).
• Ensure accurate and complete testing of key controls in the LOB/Function is performed in accordance with established standards and protocols through:
Executing on the audit program.
Ensuring that CAATs reports are developed and utilized.
Preparing potential audit issues and conclusions.
• Assist with special projects as assigned by the Audit Director or Audit Manager.
• Strong understanding of change management, project management, system development life cycle (SDLC) auditing and risk management consulting.
• Strong understanding of application, operating system and database security controls.
• Knowledgeable about auditing complex business applications for the insurance / financial services sectors.
• Knowledgeable about various hardware and operating system platforms, as well as programming languages (e.g., UNIX, Linux, Windows, Z/OS, SQL, J2EE, ASP, Java, Visual Basic, etc…).
• Knowledgeable about database platforms (i.e., Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server, etc…).
Skills and Compentencies:
Builds and maintains good relationships with audit clients.
Understands the LOB/Function strategy, products, operations and potential risk areas.
Ability to translate the LOB/Function risk areas into specific projects within the audit plan.
Ability to work within a diverse group of professionals to accomplish team objectives.
Builds effective and collaborative peer-level relationships.
Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Proactively identifies and resolves issues as they arise.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrates continuous learning and sharing of best practices within the team.
Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
Ability to work independently and effectively to contribute to team objectives.
Ability to effectively balance multiple tasks.
Good knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, business processes, and IIA standards.
Good knowledge and understanding of Insurance Risk, Market & Credit Risk, IT Risk and
Required: Bachelors degree (graduate degree preferred).
Preferred: CISSP, CISM, CIA, CPA, CGEIT, CRISC, PMP or other relevant certifications. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification (or commitment to take exam within one year from date of hire).
What else can we tell you?
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...