JOB TITLE: IT Project Manager, Associate
REPORTS TO: IT Director or IT Team Lead
Aimia has been around for a long time, but is always changing and pushing new limits. Our relationship-building company was recently recognized on the World’s Top Agency Companies list by Advertising Age . We live off quenching our clients’ thirst for new ideas and direction. We also believe in the power of having fun – it should never be underestimated. It’s how we turn creativity into results. If you can talk the talk and walk the walk, we’d love to hear from you. We think the future looks bright and are seeking a passionate individual who can tap into that excitement.
Plans, leads and monitors all activities for multiple smaller projects or phases of a larger project under the leadership of the Project Manager. The Associate Project Manager is an entry position into the IT project management discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Develops the project plan and work schedules to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Manages the client project/stakeholder expectations and IT resources relationships to ensure ownership and success.
- Responsible for work estimates and tracking work progress.
- Identifies appropriate project resources needed and is responsible for effective utilization of those resources including team, capital assets, internal services, third party vendors, etc.
- Provides financial input to IT management on project budgets, capital expenditures, and any other cost estimates related to a project.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the project, which involves meeting capital, labor and other cost estimates, and communicating financial status and variance to costs.
- Assists with and evaluates project control plans, i.e. risks/contingencies, change control, issues management and communications.
- Assists with and refines the project description in the areas of project requirements, scope, team roles & responsibilities, assumptions and constraints.
- Assists in / defines, communicates and enforces project processes, such as change management process, issues management process, risk management process, documentation version control process, etc.
- Suggests project performance indicators and success measures.
- Facilitates technical reviews and status meetings.
- Communicates project status to appropriate leadership for assigned projects.
- Bachelor Degree, with a technology or business emphasis, or equivalent education/experience.
- PMI preferred or demonstrated knowledge of sound project management principles.
- 6 years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience
- Work experience in IT with 2+ years in technical project management or having equivalent kind of skills experience.
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as Microsoft Project, is required
Aimia - 15 months ago